The Student Room Group

Dinner that you can re-heat for lunch next day?

I'm at University at the minute and I am spending a fortune on food from Uni, so I wanted to see if I could make dinner that I could then separate a portion so that I could stick it in the fridge/freezer and re-heat it at Uni the next day for lunch. Does anyone have any good suggestions? I'm mostly after things that don't require too much to make, and actually make a good lunch too, not just desperate leftover scraps!

Thanks for help in advance. :smile:
Original post by melinae
I'm at University at the minute and I am spending a fortune on food from Uni, so I wanted to see if I could make dinner that I could then separate a portion so that I could stick it in the fridge/freezer and re-heat it at Uni the next day for lunch. Does anyone have any good suggestions? I'm mostly after things that don't require too much to make, and actually make a good lunch too, not just desperate leftover scraps!

Thanks for help in advance. :smile:

stir fry? It's really cheap to make.
How much are you spending on food? And what kind of foods are you buying? I'd be more than happy to give suggestions, I don't spend very much money on food at all but eat all the time and most of the meals I make are pretty quick or simple to make (and tasty...though I guess people have different preferences).
Reply 2
Chilli con Carne.
Easy to cook in large batches, fairly cheap (minced beef, kidney beans, a few spices and rice)

what's better is that it tastes better as 'leftovers' because the flavours have had more chance to infuse and develop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spaggetti bolenese, pasta bake, casseroles, chicken and veg, quiche, pies ect

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest