The Student Room Group

Revision tips?

I've started my revision for summer AS exams today and I was wondering if people have any effective methods for revision, specifically for maths (edexcel), further maths (edexcel), economics (ocr) and computing (ocr).

I got BCAB in my last mocks ^(same order as subjects listed above) and I would like to push my grades up to ABAB. I have another set of mocks next week.

If anyone has any study/revision or exam tips that would be helpful for any of these subjects I'd thoroughly appreciate it :smile:
Original post by 260498
I've started my revision for summer AS exams today and I was wondering if people have any effective methods for revision, specifically for maths (edexcel), further maths (edexcel), economics (ocr) and computing (ocr).

I got BCAB in my last mocks ^(same order as subjects listed above) and I would like to push my grades up to ABAB. I have another set of mocks next week.

If anyone has any study/revision or exam tips that would be helpful for any of these subjects I'd thoroughly appreciate it :smile:

The only subject that I can help you with is Maths. For each of my modules, I went over ALL the questions I did in lessons again and picked out the questions that were particularly difficult. I made a note of these questions and put them in my general notes. The notes were't that extensive - just around 15 pages in total for each module.

I then learned my notes and just got stuck into doing past papers. Past papers really are the way to go - there's no point in knowing everything if you don't know how to apply it. I found that I was going from Es in my past papers to strong A*s. (I know you can't get an A* at AS level but it's good to know it's the equivalent of 90%). Good luck.
Exam solutions and solution bank are really good websites for edexcel maths, if you need help with the methods or working out the answer to some of the textbook questions.

Quick Reply

Latest