jamez33
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've just started revision for my GCSE's in May/June but I don't really know how to revise properly for the languages. Does anybody have some good methods or tips for languages revision (I'm doing French and German)
pursuedbyabear
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do French and German too - both on Edexcel - and I'm currently using the website memrise.com to learn vocab for the exams. It basically allows you to learn vocabulary on the GCSE syllabus, providing you are able to find your exam board (which you search for, it doesn't give you the option straight away). It tests you on said words afterwards.

I understand this learning method isn't for everyone, but I've found it a really useful resource; especially as it only requires 10 minutes or so per day to be beneficial. I would definitely give it a look!
dauntlesstraitor
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When I did German GCSE, I made flashcards with vocab
shaniceee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I study French and I love it. To help me, I set my phone in French, I listen to French music - try Stromae - papaoutai. It's actually one of my favourite songs! But also this app called 'memrise' will work miracles in your life. I also try and read articles in French, just try and adapt your everyday life to the language if possible. But memrise is the most effective method trust me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
#sarahsmith2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jamez33)
I've just started revision for my GCSE's in May/June but I don't really know how to revise properly for the languages. Does anybody have some good methods or tips for languages revision (I'm doing French and German)
I do Spanish and French, and I think the main thing you need to do for the exam is just learn as much vocab as you can. Whatever way's best for you - flashcards, sticky notes... Also do as many past papers as you can! If you haven't already done it, make sure you have a go at the June 2014 one... My teacher said they were quite a bit harder than usual with more written answers rather than just mostly multiple choice... It's likely they'll follow suit this year too
#sarahsmith2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by pursuedbyabear)
I do French and German too - both on Edexcel - and I'm currently using the website memrise.com to learn vocab for the exams. It basically allows you to learn vocabulary on the GCSE syllabus, providing you are able to find your exam board (which you search for, it doesn't give you the option straight away). It tests you on said words afterwards.

I understand this learning method isn't for everyone, but I've found it a really useful resource; especially as it only requires 10 minutes or so per day to be beneficial. I would definitely give it a look!
I've looked for a website like this and couldn't find one! Thanks it's bound to be very useful!!
pursuedbyabear
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by #sarahsmith2)
I've looked for a website like this and couldn't find one! Thanks it's bound to be very useful!!
I'm happy I could help.
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When revising for GCSE German I just memorised vocab from a booklet my teacher gave me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.21%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (88)
28.57%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (117)
37.99%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (40)
12.99%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed