The Student Room Group

Is AAAA still possible?

If working is

ABBC?
If you are willing to put the work in, then I don't see why it wouldnt be possible (:
Reply 2
Well theres a difference between someone working on UUUE. If the content of your post is stupid, why post it?
Original post by BryonyG98
If you are willing to put the work in, then I don't see why it wouldnt be possible (:
Original post by naxiv
Well theres a difference between someone working on UUUE. If the content of your post is stupid, why post it?

I'm sorry but I don't see how the content of my post is stupid. It is still possible for those on a working grade of UUUE to work hard and achieve AAAA (my cousin managed this) or something similar, however it is also possible for you to do this but with less work needed.

What I said was supposed to be motivational and there to encourage people like yourself to work hard for what they want to achieve and not give up just because they aren't where they want to be.

I am currently on a lower working grade than you and hope to achieve A*(Maths)aaa(Physics, Economics and Chemistry) and I know that if I put in enough work I will be capable of it; even if I don't achieve it.

It is also important to note that it depends what subjects you are taking as it can be harder to get high grades in some subjects (usually essay subjects as they are more subjective)
Original post by BryonyG98
I'm sorry but I don't see how the content of my post is stupid. It is still possible for those on a working grade of UUUE to work hard and achieve AAAA (my cousin managed this) or something similar, however it is also possible for you to do this but with less work needed.

What I said was supposed to be motivational and there to encourage people like yourself to work hard for what they want to achieve and not give up just because they aren't where they want to be.

I am currently on a lower working grade than you and hope to achieve A*(Maths)aaa(Physics, Economics and Chemistry) and I know that if I put in enough work I will be capable of it; even if I don't achieve it.

It is also important to note that it depends what subjects you are taking as it can be harder to get high grades in some subjects (usually essay subjects as they are more subjective)

Well said!
I am starting revision today(I mean learning the material).I've been procrastinating the entire year(did get some work done).I need to get A*AA at the end.I can do it.My exams start on May the 18th.So spending 7-9 hours would be good enough!
Original post by Skill Twix
Well said!
I am starting revision today(I mean learning the material).I've been procrastinating the entire year(did get some work done).I need to get A*AA at the end.I can do it.My exams start on May the 18th.So spending 7-9 hours would be good enough!

7-9 hours a day?!
Reply 6
Yeah if your sixthform/college ends at about 15:00 then 7 hours later will leave you at 22:00 and 9 is impossible, so I think he means per week.
its possible ... but will require a lot of work
Well said!

I got A*A*A and didn't do that many hours, try 4 or 5 a day - anymore than that is likely to be unproductive revision. Work up to 6 or 7 hours a day a month or so before your exams and you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by naxiv

Why have you made a stupid thread in the first place instead of revising? :smile:
Original post by Sacred Ground
7-9 hours a day?!

6 on the weekdays.7-9 on the weekends.

Original post by LTKlein
Yeah if your sixthform/college ends at about 15:00 then 7 hours later will leave you at 22:00 and 9 is impossible, so I think he means per week.

What if I work late in the night?

Original post by colourtheory
I got A*A*A and didn't do that many hours, try 4 or 5 a day - anymore than that is likely to be unproductive revision. Work up to 6 or 7 hours a day a month or so before your exams and you'll be fine :smile:

I've got to get A*AA.Been procrastinating the entire year.Did get some work done.My exams start on the 18th of May
6 on the weekdays.7-9 on the weekends.

so six hours after school ???
Original post by elmosandy
so six hours after school ???

Exactly!
Well said!

Hey i'm in the same position,

Do you think i left revision too late?
I'm doing math, bio and chem (7A2 and 3AS-resits). All my exams are in June (except a C1 resit) so i have 3 months left. If i do revise intensely from now and i'm talking roughly average 9hrs a day like you mentioned, is that enough time to get me prepared for my exams for A*AA-AAA grades?

Some thing to note: for AS i got ABCD in bio, chem, math and phys respectively with about a month revision for bio, few weeks for chem, a week for math and few days for physics.

Thanks for reading, I tried to keep it short.
Original post by colourtheory

Wow that's impressive, well done!:smile:

Do you think i left revision too late?:frown:
I'm doing math, bio and chem (7A2 and 3AS-resits). All my exams are in June (except a C1 resit) so i have 3 months left. If i do revise intensely from now and i'm talking roughly 7-12hrs a day (most schl days i get home around 1300-ish and weekends i'm free all day).

Some thing to note: for AS i got ABCD in bio, chem, math and phys respectively with about a month revision for bio, few weeks for chem, a week for math and few days for physics.

I'm not naturally smart or anything like that and haven't concentrated as well as I should've in class this yr. Did you always pay loads of attention in class

Do you think there enough time for me to get prepared for my exams for A*AA-AAA grades?

Original post by bakedbeans247
Wow that's impressive, well done!:smile:

Do you think i left revision too late?:frown:
I'm doing math, bio and chem (7A2 and 3AS-resits). All my exams are in June (except a C1 resit) so i have 3 months left. If i do revise intensely from now and i'm talking roughly 7-12hrs a day (most schl days i get home around 1300-ish and weekends i'm free all day).

I'm not naturally smart or anything like that and haven't concentrated as well as I should've in class this yr. Did you always pay loads of attention in class

Do you think there enough time for me to get prepared for my exams for A*AA-AAA grades?

Three months is plenty of time! The worry I have is that you plan to force yourself to do 7-12 hours a day. Really it's quality and not quantity which is important. Take regular breaks and plan out what you want to achieve in each session so that you know you're going to cover the most important bits by the exam. You're revision should not be dictated by the amount of hours you want to spend revising, but rather the content that you need to cover. Don't cover everything as you won't have time. Cover the stuff you don't know, the stuff you're okay and not great with, but not so much the stuff you're comfortable with. Regular mocks are also essential as well as a good understanding of the exam specification!

I worked hard in class but even now at uni there are times when things fly over my head because I'm thinking about lunch. The key is fast and effective pre-exam revision. You'll be fine as long as you're organised!

Quick Reply

Latest