Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    the bloody downside to this time of the year

just found my schoolbag swarming with the *******s, the entire porch has thousands of them.

Just battered loads of them and have hoovered up so many, disgusting, actually makes me shiver when i see so many....

ReputationRep:
    They're all in our kitchen...the maintenence people came in and put powder down and its killed most of the buggers, but I don't know what I'd rather - ants or poisonous powder...

ReputationRep:
    well the powder doesn't crawl around and be irritating

i actualy hate the buggers

you know what, i think i really am affraid of some insects you know, not that they hurt you or anything but just the thought of millions of little things crawling all over you when you are asleep or something.......

gives me the shivers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    the bloody downside to this time of the year

just found my schoolbag swarming with the *******s, the entire porch has thousands of them.

Just battered loads of them and have hoovered up so many, disgusting, actually makes me shiver when i see so many....
    yeh i left the conservatory doors open and my house was swarming last night - oops

ReputationRep:
    you know i bet if all the ants everywhere teamed up, they could rule the world!

now you're scared arent ya?

ReputationRep:
    you know i bet if all the ants everywhere teamed up, they could rule the world!

now you're scared arent ya?
    yes!!! im imgaining a swarm of ants running towards me right now

ReputationRep:
    Theres nothin wrong with Ants. They are a very interesting species.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Never mind ants, its wasps that are the real buggers.
    Very true,I dont like wasps at all! Got stung on my lips once....they looked completely over inflated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kissit)
    Very true,I dont like wasps at all! Got stung on my lips once....they looked completely over inflated!
    I got stung on my arse when i was little. So i have a very good reason not to like them.

ReputationRep:
    The Leslie Ash effect.

Wasps have the biggest size to fear caused ratio of any animal in an enclosed space with people. Just watch everyone move when a wasp flies in the window!

I could have given Leslie ash a run for her money!!

Wasps just seem so psychotic!

ReputationRep:
    The Leslie Ash effect.

Wasps have the biggest size to fear caused ratio of any animal in an enclosed space with people. Just watch everyone move when a wasp flies in the window!
    Oh my god, I HATE wasps. I am so scared of them. and to make things worse, whenever one comes near me, my mum is just like "keep still and it wont bother you" HELLO - I am NOT gunna stand still whilst sum evil little flying insect thing with a nasty sting is gunna fly round me - no way lol. So i do what anybody else would do, and run for it.

ReputationRep:
    ya know that stuff that u use to protect ya fences, well my dad uses that if the ant situtation gets bad, only outside thou lol stinks but does get rid of them! nasty lil things!

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, unless you've got that thing where you go into a coma when you get stung, its not actually that bad getting stung by a wasp, yet we're scared shitless by them.
    Yeah i know, i got stung by one of the buggers once. When i was defenseless and couldnt do anything about it - I was holding a brick for my dad to put under the trailers tent when he said "go" and it was down hill....when one of the *******s came and landed on my arm. I couldnt do anything cos if i let go of the brick the tent wuda rolled down the hill. So i just sat there in sheer panic, and it stung me and then flew off. It didnt even have a reason to get me!!!

ReputationRep:
    One flew up my nose and stung the inside of my nostril once.
    oooo....you win. :rolleyes: someone always has to better my story lol

ReputationRep:
    well the powder doesn't crawl around and be irritating

i actualy hate the buggers

you know what, i think i really am affraid of some insects you know, not that they hurt you or anything but just the thought of millions of little things crawling all over you when you are asleep or something.......

gives me the shivers
    Saw a documentary once about some ants that killed a few people. They were about 1.5inches long and could carry loads - they preyed on and ate birds (when the bird landed 100s of the would swarm up it's legs and before it had a chance to fly away they'd crawled all over it and bitten it so much that it couldn't get away :eek: . They were a right pest to the locals because they kept attacking the farm animals too and in the past 50 years they'd even killed 2 human people!!!!! They crawled on them when they were asleep and went into the persons nose, mouth and ears and by the morning the person was half eaten. Eeeeeew!! is all I can say.

Yeah, I hate ants too. And woodlice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Saw a documentary once about some ants that killed a few people. They were about 1.5inches long and could carry loads - they preyed on and ate birds (when the bird landed 100s of the would swarm up it's legs and before it had a chance to fly away they'd crawled all over it and bitten it so much that it couldn't get away :eek: . They were a right pest to the locals because they kept attacking the farm animals too and in the past 50 years they'd even killed 2 human people!!!!! They crawled on them when they were asleep and went into the persons nose, mouth and ears and by the morning the person was half eaten. Eeeeeew!! is all I can say.

Yeah, I hate ants too. And woodlice.
    OH...MY...GOSH. thats disgusting. Im on a mission, kill the ants lol.
    That musta been proper scary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    OH...MY...GOSH. thats disgusting. Im on a mission, kill the ants lol.
    That musta been proper scary
    Yeah, I didn't stop itching for about a week after watching it!!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I wasn't tryin to do that, its the only time I've ever been stung! Watch now I've said that one will fly into the bathroom tonight and sting me on the *******s
    Pray that doesn't happen. It's very painful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Yeah, I didn't stop itching for about a week after watching it!!
    Damn. yuk. i read that and was like :eek: we gotta kill the buggers. Although i always feel bad for killing ants in a weird kinda way...we think they have insignificant lives cos theres millions of them...btu just think if we was an ant...lol trust me 2 get into this frmae of mind :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You speak from experience? :eek:
    oooo that musta hurt real bad if he is...im not a bloke but... :eek:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2004
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.