oc7
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, I have recently been offered a job in the produce department at tesco, with my induction days to start next week. The job is 13 hours per week, and as a 17 year old sixth form student, I'm starting to worry about how much time I can spare per week for revision without burning myself out. Although the days I will be working are helpful with my studies (Tuesday evening, Friday evening and Sunday evening), I still want to maintain a balance between my social life, work and school work. Would appreciate any advice.

popolo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by oc7)
Hi, I have recently been offered a job in the produce department at tesco, with my induction days to start next week. The job is 13 hours per week, and as a 17 year old sixth form student, I'm starting to worry about how much time I can spare per week for revision without burning myself out. Although the days I will be working are helpful with my studies (Tuesday evening, Friday evening and Sunday evening), I still want to maintain a balance between my social life, work and school work. Would appreciate any advice.
Hiya, first of all congratulations! I currently work 5 days a week as a private tutor (so ~12 hours) and am in Year 13. I'd say it's certainly possible, and as long as you schedule your revision accordingly, I don't see how it can cause any problems (aside from you having less free time). Good luck!
oc7
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks!
NotJustAName
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, I second that, congratulations! You're going to gain fantastic work experience and it will look good on your CV/personal statement too. Having this job will help you have a balanced life. Sometimes when we have less time to do things we get more things done and we organize our time better. It doesn't sound like you have so many hours though, and lots of sixth formers have weekend jobs and they still get superb a level results. You can always ask for less hours and if the job doesn't work out you can always quit. Go for it and good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (17)
28.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.67%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
60%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise