The Student Room Group

Bursary/Loan Information Needed! (Scottish Student)

Hiya

I've received an unconditional to Biomedical Science (with a year in industry) at the University of Dundee, starting in September 2015, however I have not accepted it yet due to worry about financing the move to Dundee. I will be moving from Glasgow to Dundee, so I will be applying for a SAAS loan and bursary to cover the cost of accommodation as much as possible and plan on getting a job. However, I would need some other form of bursary/loan to help to cover the costs of living and since I am from a low income family it is not possible for my parents to support me in that way. I do not receive free school meals or educational maintenance allowance currently, and am obviously not considered a Rest of UK student, however the only information I can find about any sort of additional bursaries/loans/grants available on the university website are for these students. Basically (in a massively long-winded way) I was wondering if anyone knew anything about any of these bursaries/loans that are on offer for Scottish students? They don't have to be particular to the University of Dundee, just any on offer that others have had some luck in applying for in the past!

Thanks!
Hayley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending