afiaalam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
i have just finished unit 1 of my Edexcel AS syllabus of chemistry which consists of 3 units. unit 3 is practical and is a mixture of unit 1 and 2. if i start unit 2 now, will i be able to finish the syllabus by this may and get good marks? i need an opinion about this from someone who did unit 2 of edexcel AS chemistry
x0x
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello , I am a university student but in 2013 I took paper 1 and 2 but I didn't take the practical paper ( we did internally assessed practicals ) and ended up with an A at AS . Did you take the paper 1 exam yet? If so then go ahead and start preparing for paper 2. In my opinion, if you found unit 1 to be okay then you shouldn't find face any major problems in paper 2. Study hard and do all past exams and grade them harshly yourself - trust me , this is the best way to test yourself. Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
afiaalam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
No, i'll be giving unit 1 this may, and i havent started practicing the question papers yet. Do u think its possible to start unit 2 from scratch and get good grades in 2 months? And can u please share some tips on the chapters you found hard and stuffs which are important?
Puresha
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing edexcel chemistry atm too, honestly if you start now you can do it trust me my brother started two weeks before the exam and he came out with and A, a very high A he got full marks in his first unit. He told me if I start now I should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
x0x
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got full ums in unit 1 and almost full ums in unit 2 so trust me I know what I am talking about - you can do it in 2 months but plan to do all the past exams before your exams , there is nothing more valuable that past exam practice. Print out your syllabus and keep it with you as a checklist. Make detailed notes for each syllabus point and once you're done start doing past papers. There are some amazing AS chemistry study guides too ( written specifically for AS edexcel , they have very concise summaries that should guide you when taking notes) . Good luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (581)
34.2%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (698)
41.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (342)
20.13%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (78)
4.59%

Watched Threads