Biology and chemistry coursework ocr a

Watch
Lularose83
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello! I was wondering about the coursework for these topics- we have done two 15 mark papers in biology and a 10 mark paper relating to the practical investigation- is this one practical experiment or the three attempts that we are allowed? Also in chemistry, we have completed one experiment and answered three 15 mark papers. I'm so confused, does this mean that there are no more chances to redo te coursework???:confused:
danconway
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lularose83)
Hello! I was wondering about the coursework for these topics- we have done two 15 mark papers in biology and a 10 mark paper relating to the practical investigation- is this one practical experiment or the three attempts that we are allowed? Also in chemistry, we have completed one experiment and answered three 15 mark papers. I'm so confused, does this mean that there are no more chances to redo te coursework???:confused:
There are three different types of task: Qualitative, Quantitative and Evaluative.
Qualitative tasks are experiments where you get no numerical data, e.g. testing for halides in chemistry
Quantitative tasks are experiments where you do get numerical data, e.g. a titration
Evaluative tasks are more like written exam papers, where you answer questions on an experiment that you haven't personally done (the experiment is described in the question and you answer questions on it) and you actually have to explain the data and talk about error and stuff.

Anyway, you have to do all three types of task: the bare minimum is 1 qualitative, 1 quantitative and 1 evaluative.
However, there are three individual tasks of each type. So there will be no more chances to redo the coursework when you've done nine task papers.
Lularose83
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by danconway)
There are three different types of task: Qualitative, Quantitative and Evaluative.
Qualitative tasks are experiments where you get no numerical data, e.g. testing for halides in chemistry
Quantitative tasks are experiments where you do get numerical data, e.g. a titration
Evaluative tasks are more like written exam papers, where you answer questions on an experiment that you haven't personally done (the experiment is described in the question and you answer questions on it) and you actually have to explain the data and talk about error and stuff.

Anyway, you have to do all three types of task: the bare minimum is 1 qualitative, 1 quantitative and 1 evaluative.
However, there are three individual tasks of each type. So there will be no more chances to redo the coursework when you've done nine task papers.
Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.41%
Okay (114)
29.01%
A bit lacking (150)
38.17%
Not good at all (92)
23.41%

Watched Threads