The Student Room Group

Constantly being reminded by people that im a loner?

I've pretty much given up on people. Every time I hear someone say the word 'friends' it makes me extremely angry. Anyway I prefer staying on my own, I enjoy my own company and I am happy with how I am right now. Yes I don't have any friends anymore nor do I hardly go out. BUT I'm ok with that. In fact going out with other people makes me feel more lonely than when I am actually on my own.

Anyway the thing is I constantly get reminded by people that I don't have friends. I keep getting told things like; 'oh you should go out more', 'don't you have any friends?' etc etc.

Questions like this really piss me off, I find these people are being far too nosy and gossipy. I have never asked and said crap like that to anyone and don't expect others to say it to me!

How can I stop these things from getting me down? :frown:
Ignore them, and most of all, feel sorry for them, because they seem to be afraid of their own company.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I've pretty much given up on people. Every time I hear someone say the word 'friends' it makes me extremely angry. Anyway I prefer staying on my own, I enjoy my own company and I am happy with how I am right now. Yes I don't have any friends anymore nor do I hardly go out. BUT I'm ok with that. In fact going out with other people makes me feel more lonely than when I am actually on my own.

Anyway the thing is I constantly get reminded by people that I don't have friends. I keep getting told things like; 'oh you should go out more', 'don't you have any friends?' etc etc.

Questions like this really piss me off, I find these people are being far too nosy and gossipy. I have never asked and said crap like that to anyone and don't expect others to say it to me!

Ignore them cut contact from these nonsense people, and your not alone you have some friends on tsr:wink:
Reply 3
Original post by enaayrah
Ignore them, and most of all, feel sorry for them, because they seem to be afraid of their own company.

This. People who don't like to be alone freak me out. How can you not love your own company? So strange...
Original post by catsis
This. People who don't like to be alone freak me out. How can you not love your own company? So strange...

I guess they're not confident enough or something.
Reply 5
Original post by ubi1
Ignore them cut contact from these nonsense people, and your not alone you have some friends on tsr:wink:

Its not that easy to just ignore them when these nosy people are all around you, like extended family, family friends, siblings friends, acquaintances etc etc. And thank you.
Reply 6
Its not that easy to just ignore them when these nosy people are all around you, like extended family, family friends, siblings friends, acquaintances etc etc. And thank you.

Take things slowly and it will be easier also what business is it others to constantly intrude in your personal life, ask them why are you being so nosy.... along them lines.
Anytime somebody asks you if you have friends, go full 'cable guy' on them, insisting that they themselves are your most treasured friend.

They will soon stop asking you.

I feel the exact same! How old are you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending