Annie_Rocket
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm currently in my second year of BA (Hons) Fine Art. I intend to finish this course but afterwards, I want to train as a paramedic- I'm looking at the DipHE Paramedic Practice course at Edge Hill University. I know that Student Finance England will only pay for your first year of Higher Education study once, but one the university's website it says the tuition fees are paid by the NHS. Will I be able to do this course having already done a degree, or will I have to pay for my first year myself?
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there.

We can normally issue full funding for a Paramedic Practice course and some of your funding normally comes from the Ambulance Service Trust. However for all students who already hold a higher or equivalent qualification to one they wish to study we can't actually issue any core funding for that course. We can only award disabled students allowance or supplementary grants such as childcare, etc.

Thanks.
Annie_Rocket
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
Hi there.

We can normally issue full funding for a Paramedic Practice course and some of your funding normally comes from the Ambulance Service Trust. However for all students who already hold a higher or equivalent qualification to one they wish to study we can't actually issue any core funding for that course. We can only award disabled students allowance or supplementary grants such as childcare, etc.

Thanks.
Thank you for replying, when you say "we can't actually issue any core funding for that course" do you mean tuition fees? If so how much of this is usually funded by the Ambulance Service Trust?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (75)
27.17%
No - I have already returned home (32)
11.59%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (57)
20.65%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (30)
10.87%
No - I live at home during term anyway (82)
29.71%

Watched Threads