Persona 5

Watch
WeatherToFly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Anyone else excited about Persona 5 coming out this year? The new trailer actually shows us the game this time instead of a bunch of chairs like the last one, lol. Seriously though, the visuals look gorgeous and the game (after initially thinking wtf? about the thief/Lupin III aspect) looks stylish and engaging as ever. So glad they are bringing this out on PS3, god knows I can't afford a PS4 right now! (Atlus are so much more fan friendly than Square Enix :mad:)
mickybee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by WeatherToFly)
Anyone else excited about Persona 5 coming out this year? The new trailer actually shows us the game this time instead of a bunch of chairs like the last one, lol. Seriously though, the visuals look gorgeous and the game (after initially thinking wtf? about the thief/Lupin III aspect) looks stylish and engaging as ever. So glad they are bringing this out on PS3, god knows I can't afford a PS4 right now! (Atlus are so much more fan friendly than Square Enix :mad:)
Can't wait for it! To be honest though, I much preferred Persona 3 FES to Persona 4. I hope it keeps some of the dark atmosphere from 3, 4 seemed really campy. It looks like a mix of both so it could turn out to be pretty interesting.
WeatherToFly
Rep:
?
(Original post by mickybee)
Can't wait for it! To be honest though, I much preferred Persona 3 FES to Persona 4. I hope it keeps some of the dark atmosphere from 3, 4 seemed really campy. It looks like a mix of both so it could turn out to be pretty interesting.
Yes! Someone with good taste I also preferred Persona 3 over 4, it had so many awesome things: the evokers, tartarus, the sound of death approaching when you've been hanging around on one level too long... epic.

I hope 5 comes out soon, there's no release date yet I love how people keep thinking the main character looks like Vincent from Catherine, just because its the same engine :rolleyes:
mickybee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes! Someone with good taste I also preferred Persona 3 over 4, it had so many awesome things: the evokers, tartarus, the sound of death approaching when you've been hanging around on one level too long... epic.

I hope 5 comes out soon, there's no release date yet I love how people keep thinking the main character looks like Vincent from Catherine, just because its the same engine :rolleyes:
Oh god, the first time I encountered death I was out of my depth. Good thing I fused Odin sometime in the later level. Thought it was pretty cool you unlock that extra dungeon, got to level 99 pretty fast with that! Messiah is the coolest persona I've seen. Love the design. And yeah, I agree with you, the whole atmosphere of the game resonated with me more than 4 (and this is coming from someone who played 4 first).

It should be out late this year right? Or early next year. Either way, hope it hurries up. I don't think he looks like Vincent at all really. The new engine looks really sleek. Going to pick up KH3 as well, the story is a mess but the gameplay was the most entertaining aspect of it.
WeatherToFly
Rep:
?
Oh god, the first time I encountered death I was out of my depth. Good thing I fused Odin sometime in the later level. Thought it was pretty cool you unlock that extra dungeon, got to level 99 pretty fast with that! Messiah is the coolest persona I've seen. Love the design. And yeah, I agree with you, the whole atmosphere of the game resonated with me more than 4 (and this is coming from someone who played 4 first).

It should be out late this year right? Or early next year. Either way, hope it hurries up. I don't think he looks like Vincent at all really. The new engine looks really sleek. Going to pick up KH3 as well, the story is a mess but the gameplay was the most entertaining aspect of it.
Haha, yeah, death managed to take out my party so many times...

I'm looking forward to playing KH3, but not as much as I used to. Square Enix has left fans waiting way too long! I didn't play Birth by Sleep or much of 385/2 days, so I hope the story isn't too connected to those in any way. Agreed, fighting heartless is literally the best part of Kindgom Hearts. I like to think of it as a theatrical hack and slash with a lot of air time! Definitely pleased that FF15 are taking a leaf out of Kingdom Hearts book combat-wise. God I hope Frozen doesn't make it into KH3 :noway:
mickybee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Haha, yeah, death managed to take out my party so many times...

I'm looking forward to playing KH3, but not as much as I used to. Square Enix has left fans waiting way too long! I didn't play Birth by Sleep or much of 385/2 days, so I hope the story isn't too connected to those in any way. Agreed, fighting heartless is literally the best part of Kindgom Hearts. I like to think of it as a theatrical hack and slash with a lot of air time! Definitely pleased that FF15 are taking a leaf out of Kingdom Hearts book combat-wise. God I hope Frozen doesn't make it into KH3 :noway:
Yeah, I cared much more about it like 6 years ago or whenever 2 came out. I emulated Birth by Sleep, it's pretty good actually. I liked 385/2 days a lot, I'd say it's my favourite spin off but I know a lot of people don't really like it. And yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking as well! Theatrical hack and slash with lots of air time, couldn't have put it better myself.

Can't wait for FF15 as well. And I'm guessing Frozen will be replacing Atlantis. Just a recommendation, I'd pick up Danganronpa 1 & 2 if you have a vita, they're awesome. But if you don't have one, the PSP emulator works really well and you could emulate the first one. It's really good, I think you'll like it.
WeatherToFly
Rep:
?
Yeah, I cared much more about it like 6 years ago or whenever 2 came out. I emulated Birth by Sleep, it's pretty good actually. I liked 385/2 days a lot, I'd say it's my favourite spin off but I know a lot of people don't really like it. And yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking as well! Theatrical hack and slash with lots of air time, couldn't have put it better myself.

Can't wait for FF15 as well. And I'm guessing Frozen will be replacing Atlantis. Just a recommendation, I'd pick up Danganronpa 1 & 2 if you have a vita, they're awesome. But if you don't have one, the PSP emulator works really well and you could emulate the first one. It's really good, I think you'll like it.
I liked what I played of 358/2 days, I think it was just a case of putting something down and leaving it too long to pick it back up. I know some people weren't keen on Roxas (whereas I think that part of the storyline was actually the best part of KH2, back in the day) and it would have been so much better if they'd released 358/2 days on the PS2 instead of the DS. Proper controllers beat tiny little buttons on the handheld any day

Yeah, Danganropa is one of the reasons I want to get a vita! I saw a twitch stream on Kotaku and it looked really good I'm hoping to get a Vita after I graduate this year, otherwise I'll never get anything done, haha. Thanks for the emulator tip, I hadn't actually thought of doing that!
mickybee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I liked what I played of 358/2 days, I think it was just a case of putting something down and leaving it too long to pick it back up. I know some people weren't keen on Roxas (whereas I think that part of the storyline was actually the best part of KH2, back in the day) and it would have been so much better if they'd released 358/2 days on the PS2 instead of the DS. Proper controllers beat tiny little buttons on the handheld any day

Yeah, Danganropa is one of the reasons I want to get a vita! I saw a twitch stream on Kotaku and it looked really good I'm hoping to get a Vita after I graduate this year, otherwise I'll never get anything done, haha. Thanks for the emulator tip, I hadn't actually thought of doing that!
Oh I have a really bad case of that, I think I get it with SRPGs mostly (Disgaea, Phantom Brave). I get really obsessed and then put it down for a few days, pick it back up and I'm like "What the hell is all this?" It's crazy. And yeah, I totally agree. I thought Roxas was the best part of it to be honest, glad he got the DS spinoff. Sad ending though. PS2 version would have definitely been better, although I did like the system on the DS. I thought slotting out skills would be a chore but it was actually pretty fun!

And yeah trust me, you'll love it. I'd definitely emulate the first game at the moment as you don't want to be forking over lots of cash for a system if you don't like the games. I'm quite happy with the library at the moment though so I would recommend getting one as it seems we have quite similar taste. It's the memory card prices that are the annoying part though so it's something you should consider. And it looks like we'll be graduating in the same year too. Good luck with everything!
WeatherToFly
Rep:
?
Oh I have a really bad case of that, I think I get it with SRPGs mostly (Disgaea, Phantom Brave). I get really obsessed and then put it down for a few days, pick it back up and I'm like "What the hell is all this?" It's crazy. And yeah, I totally agree. I thought Roxas was the best part of it to be honest, glad he got the DS spinoff. Sad ending though. PS2 version would have definitely been better, although I did like the system on the DS. I thought slotting out skills would be a chore but it was actually pretty fun!

And yeah trust me, you'll love it. I'd definitely emulate the first game at the moment as you don't want to be forking over lots of cash for a system if you don't like the games. I'm quite happy with the library at the moment though so I would recommend getting one as it seems we have quite similar taste. It's the memory card prices that are the annoying part though so it's something you should consider. And it looks like we'll be graduating in the same year too. Good luck with everything!
Haha, Disgaea is crazily addictive

Thanks! My friend has a vita, and can only fit ten games on the memory card at once - its ridiculous. Still its worth it for those gems in the PSN store...

Crazy! Yeah, best of luck with the rest of uni Only a few more months, haha!
Carryduffp
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can't wait for persona 5.

So has anyone else here played Persona 1 or Persona 2 (either Innocent Sin or Eternal Punishment)?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (27)
13.11%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.8%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.37%
I need help with my personal statement (85)
41.26%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (52)
25.24%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.46%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (16)
7.77%

Watched Threads