The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Msc Strategic Marketing Interview questions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by midnight999
Were you also interviewed by Marialena Zinopoulou by any chance?

She was my interviewer

I was also told that I would find out if I will be offered a place in the next few days (well they said something along the lines of they would let me know by next week) but I still haven't heard back from them and my interview was on Wednesday 4th March

Did you find out if you got the offer?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
I was interviewed on March 11 and I was offered a place a week later on March 18. So it should only take a week for them to make a decision. Any longer than that, I would recommend contacting he admissions department.
Original post by cspilly
I was interviewed on March 11 and I was offered a place a week later on March 18. So it should only take a week for them to make a decision. Any longer than that, I would recommend contacting he admissions department.

Did Lucy interview you?
Reply 23
Original post by angelranai
Did Lucy interview you?

No I had somebody else. What I'm saying is that it doesn't matter, in terms of timing, who interviews you as the information goes to the admission department who ultimately make the decision. The interviewer will have recommended offer, waiting list or reject. The department make the final decision based on interviewer recommendation and the rest of your application.
How was the interview with Lucy?

It went quite well for me (I think so). We chitchatted a lot and she directly told me that the application was well-prepared so she liked it (can they really say that?). But nothing remarkable, and it was easier than I thought. She asked me less questions than what were listed in this thread. Oh she also told me that so many people did not go online for the interview... seemed like quite a few people gave up I guess. More chance for us. Ha!

I am still waiting for the offer :frown: How was yours? Have you got your offer yet? I am quite nervous, since if I failed my application in Imperial, I will accept the one from Cass, but the deadline for Cass is 31st March. Don't know whether Imperial will get back to my by then :frown:
Original post by thesparkle
It went quite well for me (I think so). We chitchatted a lot and she directly told me that the application was well-prepared so she liked it (can they really say that?). But nothing remarkable, and it was easier than I thought. She asked me less questions than what were listed in this thread. Oh she also told me that so many people did not go online for the interview... seemed like quite a few people gave up I guess. More chance for us. Ha!

I am still waiting for the offer :frown: How was yours? Have you got your offer yet? I am quite nervous, since if I failed my application in Imperial, I will accept the one from Cass, but the deadline for Cass is 31st March. Don't know whether Imperial will get back to my by then :frown:

I had my interview on Monday and i think it went well as well. She didn't ask as many questions as i thought she would. It was very relax and not too formal. She said easter holidays are starting so the office will be closed and we might find out after two weeks or something like that. I hope out sometime this week.

I'm surprised many people didn't do the online interview thats a bit weird, but i guess more chance for us. I hope you find out soon. Good Luck :smile:
I had my interview on Monday and i think it went well as well. She didn't ask as many questions as i thought she would. It was very relax and not too formal. She said easter holidays are starting so the office will be closed and we might find out after two weeks or something like that. I hope out sometime this week.

I'm surprised many people didn't do the online interview thats a bit weird, but i guess more chance for us. I hope you find out soon. Good Luck :smile:

I just got email saying that I got the offer! Hope that you will be able to get it soon as well!!! Still don't know the official conditions though because the offer letter is being generated :frown:
I just got email saying that I got the offer! Hope that you will be able to get it soon as well!!! Still don't know the official conditions though because the offer letter is being generated :frown:

Congratulation :smile: i'm sure it will be alright. Are u currently in London?
When was your interview again?
Congratulation :smile: i'm sure it will be alright. Are u currently in London?
When was your interview again?

I am currently studying in Exeter. My interview was on Thursday last week. So I think you will be able to get your offer on Friday if they are fast enough, and maybe on Monday :biggrin:. Won't be long chilll!!
Hey
I was asked to submit a short video and send it to Imperial. Was anyone else asked to do that?
Did you find out if you got the offer?

I got an email on the 12th of March saying

"While it was felt that you did present a strong application, the level of competition for places at this point in the year is extremely high, and unfortunately the admissions selectors are unable to offer you a place on the programme at this time. We would however like to offer you a place on the MSc Strategic Marketing waiting list.

Although we cannot guarantee that students on the waiting list will ultimately be successful, candidates will be reconsidered for admission if and when spaces on the programme become available. Should you be selected for an offer, we will contact you as soon as possible via email.

If you would like to be kept on the waiting list, please confirm this within 2 weeks of receiving this mail, which you can do by simply replying to this email."

I replied to that email saying that I wish to be put on the waiting list

What about you? Have you got an offer?
Original post by cspilly

I find that a bit strange because I was interviewed on the 4th of March and on the 12th of March I got an email saying

"While it was felt that you did present a strong application, the level of competition for places at this point in the year is extremely high, and unfortunately the admissions selectors are unable to offer you a place on the programme at this time. We would however like to offer you a place on the MSc Strategic Marketing waiting list."

So I asked to be put on the waiting list. But I find it a bit strange that you were interviewed after me and you got a place, yet I have been put on the waiting list.

I find that strange that you were interviewed the day after me (by the same person who interviewed me) and you got an offer yet I got an email 8 days after my interview saying

"While it was felt that you did present a strong application, the level of competition for places at this point in the year is extremely high, and unfortunately the admissions selectors are unable to offer you a place on the programme at this time. We would however like to offer you a place on the MSc Strategic Marketing waiting list."

So I had asked to be put on the waiting list.
I find that a bit strange because I was interviewed on the 4th of March and on the 12th of March I got an email saying

So I asked to be put on the waiting list. But I find it a bit strange that you were interviewed after me and you got a place, yet I have been put on the waiting list.

It just means that he/she was a better suited candidate. There is nothing strange about that.
Original post by davidolce
It just means that he/she was a better suited candidate. There is nothing strange about that.

Its just that the email I received said "the level of competition for places at this point in the year is extremely high, and unfortunately the admissions selectors are unable to offer you a place on the programme at this time."

so I got the impression this means that the course is currently full and that consequently everyone who is considered suitable for the course will be put on the waiting list.

The other reason I thought that the course is full is because the email also said
"Although we cannot guarantee that students on the waiting list will ultimately be successful, candidates will be reconsidered for admission if and when spaces on the programme become available."

as it says "candidates will be reconsidered for admission if and when spaces on the programme become available"- this made it sound like the course is currently full at least ever since I got this email on the 12th of March. So that's why I found it strange that people have been given offers for this after the 12th of March
Its just that the email I received said "the level of competition for places at this point in the year is extremely high, and unfortunately the admissions selectors are unable to offer you a place on the programme at this time."

so I got the impression this means that the course is currently full and that consequently everyone who is considered suitable for the course will be put on the waiting list.

The other reason I thought that the course is full is because the email also said
"Although we cannot guarantee that students on the waiting list will ultimately be successful, candidates will be reconsidered for admission if and when spaces on the programme become available."

as it says "candidates will be reconsidered for admission if and when spaces on the programme become available"- this made it sound like the course is currently full at least ever since I got this email on the 12th of March. So that's why I found it strange that people have been given offers for this after the 12th of March

That email is just a polite template they send to everyone who didn't make it to not hurt their feelings.
Original post by davidolce
That email is just a polite template they send to everyone who didn't make it to not hurt their feelings.

This could possibly be true. But I don't think that I have been totally rejected because I was asked whether I want to be on the waiting list or not.

I would have thought that if I had been completely rejected then the email would not have even asked me whether or not I want to be on the waiting list
Reply 37
It's not strange at all. There are 3 options: offer, waiting list or reject. Just because you were put on the waiting list doesn't mean the course is full or that you have been rejected. It means that there were stronger candidates that you but you also you did better than others so if some who are offered places turn them down, you might be offered a place perhaps depending on how many people with offers turn them down and/or where you are on the waiting list. If it works like that.
This could possibly be true. But I don't think that I have been totally rejected because I was asked whether I want to be on the waiting list or not.

I would have thought that if I had been completely rejected then the email would not have even asked me whether or not I want to be on the waiting list

I am so sorry about that. But I think you are right, that they are not rejecting you, so I think you still have a chance. I think (and I have read in other thread last year and so on) that a lot of people who would turn down the offer from Imperial because they can't afford the tuition fee. So I hope that you will get an offer soon!! Wish you all the best with your application!!!!
I did my interview on the 23rd Monday and i haven't gotten a reply. Do you think i should email them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending