The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Msc Strategic Marketing Interview questions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by midnight999
Its just that the email I received said "the level of competition for places at this point in the year is extremely high, and unfortunately the admissions selectors are unable to offer you a place on the programme at this time."

so I got the impression this means that the course is currently full and that consequently everyone who is considered suitable for the course will be put on the waiting list.

The other reason I thought that the course is full is because the email also said
"Although we cannot guarantee that students on the waiting list will ultimately be successful, candidates will be reconsidered for admission if and when spaces on the programme become available."

as it says "candidates will be reconsidered for admission if and when spaces on the programme become available"- this made it sound like the course is currently full at least ever since I got this email on the 12th of March. So that's why I found it strange that people have been given offers for this after the 12th of March

Do you know how long you will be on the waiting list?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 41
anyone did their interview recently?
Reply 42
Hey guys, did anyone apply for the MSc Strategic Marketing course for the 2016 intake? Just had my virtual interview which was kind of a nerve wrecking experience. I freezed for a bit in one if the questions and I'm hoping it doesn't affect my application. I was wondering if anyone on here has done the virtual interview, to compare experiences.
Thanks for your help!
Reply 43
@ICB8 Hi! what kind of questions were you asked? how many? and how much time per question?
I'm about to do my interview within the next couple of days and was wondering if you could give me an insight!
Thanks very much in advance!
Reply 44
Original post by RaCh753
@ICB8 Hi! what kind of questions were you asked? how many? and how much time per question?
I'm about to do my interview within the next couple of days and was wondering if you could give me an insight!
Thanks very much in advance!

They were all very general questions about the course, why they should accept you and stuff. There are no right or wrong answers, the tricky part is the time limit. They give you 30 seconds to prepare and 60 seconds to answer.
If you don't mind me asking what's your background? And when did you get the invitation to interview?
Reply 45
Original post by ICB8
They were all very general questions about the course, why they should accept you and stuff. There are no right or wrong answers, the tricky part is the time limit. They give you 30 seconds to prepare and 60 seconds to answer.
If you don't mind me asking what's your background? And when did you get the invitation to interview?

Hi! Thanks for your reply! Do you mind if I ask you how many questions there were and what were you asked?

In terms of my background I'm currently a finalist at warwick business school studying business management :smile: And you? Also, have you heard back from Imperial after your interview?
Original post by RaCh753
Hi! Thanks for your reply! Do you mind if I ask you how many questions there were and what were you asked?

In terms of my background I'm currently a finalist at warwick business school studying business management :smile: And you? Also, have you heard back from Imperial after your interview?

Hi, I am just wondering how you found the online interview? What type of questions did they ask and did you do much prep for it? I have a week to do mine, so any info would be great!
Reply 47
Original post by kh-mariam
Hi, I am just wondering how you found the online interview? What type of questions did they ask and did you do much prep for it? I have a week to do mine, so any info would be great!

Hi, I was wondering if you can post the kind of questions you were asked please? I read in other threads from previous years that they were asked to compare two brands marketing strategy?

I graduated with a 1st class in BA International Business Management, and have an interview with Imperial next week. Any info would be much appreciated.
Reply 48
Can anyone share their interview experience please?
They probably wanted you to talk about the cola wars when they asked about coke/pepsi (one of the biggest marketing skirmishes ever) I don't even care about marketing and I know about it. I'm assuming this is why you were wait listed/rejected.
(edited 8 years ago)
Had my interview online 3 weeks ago (still waiting on my reply and it's slowly killing me ha).

Questions were:
What are your greatest achievements? How will this help in your masters?
Something about an end stage interview with the top firm of your choice, how do you introduce yourself?
What is a significant experience outside of your studies?
Strength and weaknesses, how will Imperial help? - this was written
What do you think is the greatest advancement in marketing in the last 20 years?

It was a weird interview experience. I like using body language to help shape my responses but it was just 30 seconds to prepare and 1 minute to respond (5 minutes for the written). I recommend doing a few of the practice questions to get comfortable with the format.
Hello,
I've also had an online interview for this course and I was wondering how long did it take for offer holders to receive an answer? I had my interview on the 19th of February and I still haven't heard back from Imperial. Has anybody else had an interview around that time? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 52
Thanks @ClassicallyZo, you are a life saver. @Shannon1711 It usually takes longer than routine during this time of the year. Would you please share your interview experience? :smile:
Reply 53
Hey guys,

Did everyone have the online interview AND the skype interview? or did you guys get the result after the online interview? I am confused whether we have to complete both...

@jimbo157 @ClassicallyZo @Shannon1711
Hiii,

I just saw your post and I figured i'll help you out.
I only gave an online interview and got an offer in February, which I recently accepted.
I don't think they take Skype interviews anymore. If you've given your online interview, you'll hear from them soon.
I got a response two weeks after my interview.
Original post by bgphil
Hey guys,

Did everyone have the online interview AND the skype interview? or did you guys get the result after the online interview? I am confused whether we have to complete both...

@jimbo157 @ClassicallyZo @Shannon1711

Nope just had the online interview and got my acceptance about 4 weeks afterwards.
The first question I would have asked at interview is "why do you qualify the course description as 'Strategic Marketing'? Marketing is already, by definition, strategic.

If it's for the students' benefit, Masters level applicants should already know that it's a strategy-based discipline, and it sounds ridiculously naive to prospective employers.

(I've worked for a lot of international brands btw).

One of the key attributes for success in marketing is having an inquiring mind and being ready to challenge assumptions, in order to gain competitive advantage. I would have offered a place on the course immediately to anyone who challenged me in that way.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 57
I had the online interview on March 11, and still haven't got the reply yet. Have you got the result yet, @Shannon1711?

Original post by Shannon1711
Hello,
I've also had an online interview for this course and I was wondering how long did it take for offer holders to receive an answer? I had my interview on the 19th of February and I still haven't heard back from Imperial. Has anybody else had an interview around that time? :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by dcs09
I had the online interview on March 11, and still haven't got the reply yet. Have you got the result yet, @Shannon1711?

Heyy!! i did my interview on the 23rd and im also waiting to hear back :frown:
it has been forever! but i guess the average wait is 2-4 weeks
Reply 59
has anyone applied lately? i submitted my application yesterday...maybe too late?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending