The Student Room Group

This isn't goodbye

When my ex and I (in an LDR at uni) broke up recently, she broke down into tears towards the end and said the following:

"I don't want to say goodbye, this isn't goodbye, it's just goodbye for now. I'll see you soon"

Do you think she meant that it was "goodbye for now" as in that exact moment and that she wanted to remain in contact/friends or that she hoped there might be something in the future i.e. after uni (she often said this)
You must have initiated the break-up. She responded with her feelings. Do you want anything to do with her at all from this point on?
I think that suggests she wants something in the future especially if she broke down crying
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
You must have initiated the break-up. She responded with her feelings. Do you want anything to do with her at all from this point on?

No, it was her who initiated it, in fact she cheated on me.
Maybe she values your friendship and you both need a bit of time of no contact to let things simmer down, without it being a permanent solution, or so she hopes.
Really? Did she say "I need to end it because I cheated on someone" and started crying? If so, she'll get over it, it's not as if she depends on you
Reply 6
Original post by shawn_o1
Really? Did she say "I need to end it because I cheated on someone" and started crying? If so, she'll get over it, it's not as if she depends on you

She told me she'd spent the night before with another guy, said she didn't have the "emotional capacity" to make a long-distance relationship work, then told me I meant the world to her and didn't want to say goodbye, cyring towards the end.

This only a few weeks after calling me her soulmate and saying crazy crap like I would consider not having an abortion if it was yours...
Reply 7
Nope, there's nothing there I'm afraid. It's over :smile: you're free now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending