LadyGee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi!
Is there someone that can read my erasum motivation letter and tell me if there are stylistic or grammar mistakes? thank you very much!

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a postgraduate student of English Language and Literature at the University XXX and I would like to apply for the Erasmus exchange program for destinations in Great Britain, Ireland, and Malta. After obtaining my undergraduate degree with merit from the University XXX, I decided to continue my studies focusing in English Literature and Culture given that English has always been my major subject of interest. Therefore, by applying to the Erasmus programme, I would like to further increase my knowledge in this area, taking advantage of this unique opportunity and combining my university studies and research with a first-hand experience of life in an English-speaking country.
My principal aim is the advancement of my postgraduate studies in universities well-known for their higher learning and research programmes in English Literature and Culture. Along with that, I am planning to make the best use of my Erasmus opportunity by researching for my final dissertation in which I plan to analyse the possible readings of the female figures in Shakespeare’s plays and in Early Modern female writers. In addition I would like to fulfil the internship required by my academic plan, thus to achieve a wider and more productive experience abroad.
The University of XXX is my first choice for my stay due to its excellent Centre for Renaissance Studies and the great variety of courses they offer. On the university website I retraced the courses that can correspond to my study plan and I also found some courses that can help me in defining the precise theme of my dissertation. Some of these courses are: ....
My second choice is the University of XXX since, after XXX, is the one with the major number of equivalent courses given by the Faculty of Arts and Humanities like:.... My third choice is the University of XXX, and, as above, I examined the courses offered by the Department of Literature and Criticism in order to select the best equivalent possibilities with the ones taught in XXX in order to avoid losing focus of my studies. They are: .....
Regarding my language abilities, the possession of a C1 proficiency of the English language is already a requirement to access my postgraduate course here in XXX, given that all the classes are taught in English. Consequently, I am confident to be able to interact, appreciate, and perform both in academic and non-academic life.
I wish you could grant me the opportunity to take part in the Erasmus programme and to deepen my university and personal experiences.
Yours faithfully,
XXX

Thank you to everyone could help me.
dottielottie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey,

I would just add a few edits as seen below in bold.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a postgraduate student of English Language and Literature at the University XXX and I would like to apply for the Erasmus exchange program for destinations in Great Britain, Ireland, and Malta. After obtaining my undergraduate degree with merit from the University XXX, I decided to continue my studies, focusing on English Literature and Culture given that English has always been my major subject of interest. Therefore, by applying to the Erasmus programme, I would like to further increase my knowledge in this area, taking advantage of this unique opportunity and combining my university studies and research with a first-hand experience of life in an English-speaking country.
My principal aim is the advancement of my postgraduate studies in universities well-known for their higher learning and research programmes in English Literature and Culture. Along with that, I am planning to make the best use of my Erasmus opportunity by researching for my final dissertation in which I plan to analyse the possible readings of the female figures in Shakespeare’s plays and in Early Modern female writers. In addition I would like to fulfil the internship required by my academic plan, thus to achieve a wider and more productive experience abroad.
The University of XXX is my first choice for my stay due to its excellent Centre for Renaissance Studies and the great variety of courses they offer. On the university website I retraced the courses that can correspond to my study plan and I also found some courses that can help me in defining the precise theme of my dissertation. Some of these courses are: ....
My second choice is the University of XXX since, after XXX, is the one with the major number of equivalent courses given by the Faculty of Arts and Humanities like:.... My third choice is the University of XXX, and, as above, I examined the courses offered by the Department of Literature and Criticism in order to select the best equivalent possibilities with the ones taught in XXX in order to avoid losing focus of my studies. They are: .....
Regarding my language abilities, the possession of a C1 proficiency of the English language is already a requirement to access my postgraduate course here in XXX, given that all the classes are taught in English. Consequently, I am confident to be able to interact, appreciate, and perform both in academic and non-academic life.
I hope you can grant me the opportunity to take part in the Erasmus programme and to deepen my university and personal experiences.
Yours faithfully,
XXX

Best of luck!
LadyGee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you a lot!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (126)
28.38%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.06%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.59%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.73%

Watched Threads