Cherrychocolate
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey! i'm having a mock exam for AQA english literature AS on tuesday and i was wondering if you had any tips to ace the exam. For section A i'm doing Auden and Rossetti and for section B i'm doing The Great Gatsby and Birdsong! My personal target for the exam is C/B
thanks in advance
Hparsonage
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We did different texts but get those quotes memorised! Haha you'l find that if you know the quotes it's easier to expand on your points. Go into the exam with a clear idea of talking points, that way you can mould your ideas to fit the essay questions. Also, a little bit of modern day context comparison with the context behind the texts can be really interesting and make you seem like you have good general knowledge. For the Great Gatsby talk about the little details like colour, light and reoccurring details that are present in the text xx
EllainKahlo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Agree with above. Make sure you remember quotes and the relevance of the novels/poems/dramas in context so you can analyse them in whatever question you get. Plus make sure you adequately plan your answer before you start writing it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (78)
26.44%
No - I have already returned home (36)
12.2%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (59)
20%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.51%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.85%

Watched Threads