Uni gave me an unconditional offer, but UCAS still says it's conditional?

Watch
zezember
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
University of Lincoln gave me an email almost a month ago telling me that I have been chosen for their unconditional offer scheme, but how do I actually know whether it actually is unconditional? They (a Uni of Lincoln student) phoned a few weeks ago asking if I wanted to attend any Open Days, and I asked them about the unconditional offer and they said 'yeah'.

It still says "conditional" on UCAS though, that I need 320 UCAS points, but when I select it as my "firm choice", is that when it's going to actually say on UCAS that it's unconditional?

Because I want to know for sure whether they gave me an unconditional offer, I don't want to put it as my firm offer if it's conditional all along, and I don't know whether I'd get the rgades they want, yet.
Hparsonage
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got an unconditional too for a different uni, on my email it says "we would like to make you an unconditional offer if you choose us as your firm choice." if it says something similar it means it will change once you've put it as your first choice xx
Sea Pancake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got an unconditional from the University of Birmingham and want to choose it as my firm choice... It says conditional in the title but under more details says if it's a firm choice it's unconditional... I'm going for it so I guess it will change to unconditional?
PurpleMash
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Keep that email from them as proof that they said it is unconditional, and send them a personal email again stating your UCAS ID and confirm whether you have got an unconditional offer from them and if so, whether they can tell UCAS that so UCAS can change your offer to unconditional.

Whatever their response is, especially if it they say your place is unconditional, make sure you keep the email! (That's because if you put them down as your firm choice, and then later another admissions person tells you that your offer was actually based upon the achievement of the grades required, then you can show them that email stating that they said TWICE that your place was unconditional.) Good luck
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It is common for unis to make an "unconditional" offer, on the condition that you firm it. It's a way for them to be more certain of student numbers.

DO NOT firm the offer if you have any doubts at all. The minute you firm it, all of your other offers will be voided and you will be committed to that course. If you would prefer one of your other unis and you have a conditional offer from them, you need to think very carefully about your chances of meeting that condition.

Of course if the uni is your first choice, then accepting is probably a no-brainer.
PurpleMash
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Klix88)

DO NOT firm the offer if you have any doubts at all.
Definitely agreed.
lynnn
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
has anyone firmed their unconditional? i received a similar offer and decided to firm it however it still says conditional on ucas
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lynnn)
has anyone firmed their unconditional? i received a similar offer and decided to firm it however it still says conditional on ucas
It will change eventually. It needs the university to tell Ucas to update it. It doesn't happen automatically. They have a lot to do at the moment, so these things are done in batches when they have time to do it.
Xmolmatx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey I know you posted this last year, but I'm in the same situation currently! For the same uni too I have made it my firm, so will it change from conditional to unconditional since I was offered a place on the unconditional scheme? Thanks
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Xmolmatx)
Hey I know you posted this last year, but I'm in the same situation currently! For the same uni too I have made it my firm, so will it change from conditional to unconditional since I was offered a place on the unconditional scheme? Thanks
Yes it will, but with the deadline approaching on Jan 15th, they will be swamped with applications, so it'll be on the To Do pile.
TylerGoldEyes
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am in a similar situation with De Montfort and I want to make it my firm choice but it is still asking me for an insurance choice. Should I put one down or not?
IndieEagle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TylerGoldEyes)
I am in a similar situation with De Montfort and I want to make it my firm choice but it is still asking me for an insurance choice. Should I put one down or not?
I am in the same situation as you Tyler but i put down an insurance just in case but if you have a letter or email that says it, you could just put down that choice without an insurance. Shouldn't matter... although they haven't updated it on UCAS track yet
Georgia sedgley
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My daughter has 5 offers for uni,3 for Bradford and two for Leeds becket but Leeds have emailed her again and she's now been given an unconditional offer from Leeds becket uni. She applied for two totally different courses at Leeds uni but the offer doesn't state which course the offer has been made for. Would it be for one or the other of her chosen courses at Leeds or is it for either/any/both course and a "general" unconditional offer to attend Leeds for any course Ishes applied for? TIA
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Georgia sedgley)
My daughter has 5 offers for uni,3 for Bradford and two for Leeds becket but Leeds have emailed her again and she's now been given an unconditional offer from Leeds becket uni. She applied for two totally different courses at Leeds uni but the offer doesn't state which course the offer has been made for. Would it be for one or the other of her chosen courses at Leeds or is it for either/any/both course and a "general" unconditional offer to attend Leeds for any course Ishes applied for? TIA
She should be able to view the offer conditions on Track. If Track has not yet updated, it will still say conditional beside the Leeds Becket courses, but it will eventually change so that one of them is unconditional. It won't be a completely free admission ticket to any course she likes, though!
IndieEagle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Georgia sedgley)
Not sure but it is probably best to check through email or ringing them, just to be safe
CharlieJK
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
in my interview I was told that if I made the course my firm choice it would be considered an unconditional. when I check UCAS it say conditional based on ucas points etc. will this change when I make it my firm choice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (12)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.87%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.62%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
40.45%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.84%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.25%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.49%

Watched Threads