Report 16 years ago
One question: which is the one hardest A level and which is the easiest

For me its simple

Hardest : maths

Easiest : Art
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
maths is by far the easiest subject in UK.......A2 triple maths is only a GCSE standard in Asian countries (china, hong kong signapore, etc)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hardest: Biology

Easiest: General Studies
bones
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"maths is by far the easiest subject in UK.......A2 triple maths is only a GCSE standard in Asian countries (china, hong kong signapore, etc)"

B U L L S H I T

Where do all these arrogant losers come from?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by bones
"maths is by far the easiest subject in UK.......A2 triple maths is only a GCSE standard in Asian countries (china, hong kong signapore, etc)"

B U L L S H I T

Where do all these arrogant losers come from?
You're totally wrong. You just haven't seen the standards in China, Hong Kong and Singapore have you? Their public exams at age 16 (like our GCSEs) is equally hard to the whole of A-level Further Maths. Unbelievable, but I kid you not. Their math standards are really high. A-level pure math in those asian countries are way beyond P6 and actually touch material from degree level. Why do you think Asians who come here for boarding school are so good at math? When we're screwing around with piss easy GCSE math, they're already up to GCE A-level standards! Think before you cuss and label, when you don't know jack.
bones
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ok, maybe so, but:

"maths is by far the easiest subject in UK"

No.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hardest: Maths
Easiest: Media Studies
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Crappest: Business Studies (for losers)
Coolest: Triple maths (only for the streetwise)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hardest: Chemistry

Easiest: Math
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
The fact of the matter is if maths comes naturally to you, that is, if you are good at maths it is an easy subject. The comment about Asian standards being superior at GCSE to further maths is an exaggeration but the fact remains that foreign maths standards are far superior to those of this country. Maths is easy in this country for people who are good at it only because they are good it, in another country where we had been doing far harder maths from day dot there would still be people, a fewer number albeit, who said it was easy.

But to the matter at hand, I do find maths to be my easiest subject, but i can appreicate why people have difficulty with it. I think chemistry AQA is my hardest subject, the sheer volume you have to learn is monstrous, unit 5, arrrh the death of me
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hardest : all ov them

easiest : none of them

i dunno how any of you can say ones harder that hte other, they're all different.
parts of maths are easier than physics but parts of physics are easier than maths.

love Katy ***
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hardest: physics
easiest: maths
Grapefruit Lady
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hardest: Chemistry

Easiest: French

Apparently, an A-level in Further Maths is equivalent to a Maths degree from an American university (although probably not the Ivy League ones).

It's true that Maths, and most science subjects are done to a higher standard in countries like Singapore (I know, my cousins live there), but this is for 3 reasons:

1) They work so damn hard.
Seriously - unis in Singapore don't care about extra-curricular activities, only that you have A grades in every subject you've ever done ever.

2) Practically every student has tutoring in at least one subject, no matter how bright they are.

3) Students are streamed from quite an early age, and the education system there is very intense; for example, if you fail English O Level, you fail everything.
Because of this, many students who can't cope with this system leave it, either going to Australia or the UK to study, or entering an International school. So getting to A Level in Singapore really does mean that you are very bright, hence the higher standards than ours.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hardest: well its a tossup between chemistry and maths

Chemistry(i do aqa)-there is so much too learn AND understand-the understanding isnt to bad but the retention of the knowledge is a mission-eg for synoptic.

Maths-difficult to start with eg P1 and 2 but as soon as you 'get it' it becomes far easier. its a hard a level so far as being motivated to take your own time to do the wlork. But id say once you start enjoying it its somewhat easier than u first realise. but that still doesnt mean P3 was easy.

easiest: there are no easy a levels they are all hard ion their own way just sum harder tahn others...oh hang on id say general studies
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
The chap saying maths is easy for those in asia is semi correct. In singapore, they do GCSE Additional Maths, which has topics from P1, P2, P4(Matrices)or whatever module matrices is on, S1 and even S2, and M1. That's the case in northern Ireland as well. We do GCSE additional maths, hence, i found Maths A level ok. However i think there was some exaggeration about triple A2 stuff.
Tom C
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hardest - Chemistry (AQA)

Easiest - Physics (OCR B)

I also did maths, which seemed really hard at first but then came easier as you progressed - although I'm not saying it is easy by any means.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
in my opinion maths is a very easy subject at a-level, because there are no essays to write, and you can get away with doing no work all year and as long as you understand all the theory get a decent mark in the exams.

You dont have to remember loads of facts and information like other subjects, you just have to learn and understand a few basic principles and the rest should be obvious. Also the exams are easy to get 95+% because you are guided all the way through and told exactly what to do at every step.

i did the whole edexcel maths a-level this year and even despite P3 being "the hardest exam ever" i fully expect to get 570/600. if you enjoy maths and are good at it it is a very easy subject at single a-level.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree physics B adcvancing physics is the easiest subject on the planet.
EddieB
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
One question: which is the one hardest A level and which is the easiest

For me its simple

Hardest : maths

Easiest : Art
I don't think you can generalise. It really depends on what type of person you are. For instance, I am the worst artist ever, and consequently I would class Art as incredibly difficult for me - much more challenging than I find maths.

How about essay writing subjects ? I love Politics, and I find it good fun. However, writing essays about how the EU has changed the constitution of this country is not everyone's cup of tea.

Eddie
makin love
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
business studies boring
maths GREAT!!!!!!!!
english hard
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (293)
34.19%
No (564)
65.81%

Watched Threads