The Student Room Group

Should i do a course that I am comfortable with, or push myself and struggle?

hi guys i am intending to start uni in september at chester university.
i have the choice of doing english language which i would do well i think, but also english language combined with spanish. I am predicted a D in Spanish A2 but i am resitting AS so will hopefully do better. My passion is spanish and i want to push myself and do it. but will i put too much on myself? the last thing i want is to drop out!

Thanks guys let me know
Original post by alexburns1997
i have the choice of doing english language which i would do well i think, but also english language combined with spanish. I am predicted a D in Spanish A2 but i am resitting AS so will hopefully do better. My passion is spanish and i want to push myself and do it. but will i put too much on myself? the last thing i want is to drop out!

Thanks guys let me know

You could always do a post grad after your degree, go with your gut feeling xx

Thanks guys let me know

How flexible is the programme? If you combine and do find it's too much, would you be able to swap back to single honours, or would you literally have to drop out and start again?

It's a hard choice - you don't want to burden yourself too much, but you also don't want to do a degree you're not passionate about.
In terms of workload, you wouldn't be doing any extra credits if you combined, but of course languages tend to take up more time than other subjects in terms of self study.

I'd definitely recommend giving Spanish a go, but speak to the uni about how flexible things are.

Good luck!

Thanks guys let me know

Hi, we'd definitely recommend speaking to our Admissions team on 01244 511000. They'll be able to discuss your options with you. Good luck with your decision!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending