The Student Room Group

A level English language - Grouping texts help?

Hi,

I am currently taking AS English language on the AQA exam board and have been set a Unit 1 question to complete, the question is overdue as I have no idea what I'm doing and so I keep putting it off. For my other subjects we're taught the structure of the answer, the format, words to include etc however I haven't a clue how to do any of these things and I'm almost sure I haven't been taught any of it. I'm just wondering if anyone can help me with this, what format should my answer be in, do I do an introduction and conclusion? etc.

Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CharlieLC
Hi,

I am currently taking AS English language on the AQA exam board and have been set a Unit 1 question to complete, the question is overdue as I have no idea what I'm doing and so I keep putting it off. For my other subjects we're taught the structure of the answer, the format, words to include etc however I haven't a clue how to do any of these things and I'm almost sure I haven't been taught any of it. I'm just wondering if anyone can help me with this, what format should my answer be in, do I do an introduction and conclusion? etc.

Thanks

Is it on language change or just analysis of a text? And how many texts do you get xx
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
It's just the analysis of the texts, there are several texts to put in to several different groupings
The structure we get taught is to separate the texts, first starting with text A do your Genre Audience Purpose(GAP) and then go into some analysis of that text, then do the same for text B and C in their own paragraphs. and then go into comparison drawing in elements of the texts that are both the same and different. Make sure to add context into your analysis, say a text was from a certain newspaper it can change the target demographic and the purpose of the text. xx
Reply 4
Sorry I meant to say there were seven texts not several, okay that sounds like a good way of doing things thanks!
Oooft seven texts? That's harsh! Good luck xx

Quick Reply

Latest