The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

to the people who have said "i used to be *smaller size* and now i'm *bigger sizse* and much happier now"... you can't possibly mean it? i'm sorry if i come across really shallow but i just don't see the logic behind that.
The reason girls ask these questions is because we need some sort of confirmation that being fat isnt bad

but in all honesty 90% of guys dont like girls to be over a size 10 and thats all there is to it
Reply 42
WHY AM I A PIG, thats sooo small minded. i was bein honest it makes me wanna puke.
Why do you think size is directly proportionate to happiness?

I am happier now than when I was a size 8. I like my big boobies for starters :biggrin:
Reply 44
Fatness is not ugly. If you love you then they will too.
Just be comfy with what/who/how you are and it just rubs off.

If you think you need to loose weight/put on weight/this/that/etc just do it and be confident. I know it's hard but that's life.

Fat does not equal ugly, and pretty does not equal thin. You can fat and ugly and you can be fat and pretty. As long as you are you, it'll be fine.
Reply 45
OliviaG
Fat does not equal ugly, and pretty does not equal thin. You can fat and ugly and you can be fat and pretty. As long as you are you, it'll be fine.

how true! you speak logic!
Anonymous
Why do you think size is directly proportionate to happiness?

I am happier now than when I was a size 8. I like my big boobies for starters :biggrin:

yeah but a lot of people haven't experienced being slim - a size 8/10 whatever. some people just remember being a size 14/16+ and that's it... at least you've had the experience of being an 8.
Reply 47
It really wouldn't bother me as long as they are a nice person.
Reply 48
I don't mind fact girls - as long as we're talking about fat and not crossing over into obese territory.
aren't fat and obese the same thing.
Anonymous
aren't fat and obese the same thing.

:rolleyes:

Men...

I can see there's gonna be a new generation of bachelors.
oh i'm sorry, i didn't mean to offend. i just don't see the difference.

to answer the question - depends on the man's taste. personally, the biggest i'd go is 14. it's just my personal taste but then the next guy will say to you the biggest he'd go is 10 and another will say 16. it depends.
Anonymous
to the people who have said "i used to be *smaller size* and now i'm *bigger sizse* and much happier now"... you can't possibly mean it? i'm sorry if i come across really shallow but i just don't see the logic behind that.

i went down to near size 8 after i had my son, and it was awful. i did not choose to, i didn't have the time of day to eat properly or do anything for myself. i looked like a bag of bones. (i'm 1.76m tall)

when i stopped work, i had time to eat again, i could sleep in, be outdoors with my son, ride my bike and do stuff, and i went back up to a low size 12.

i am no longer afraid that the wind might blow me over, or that i might damage my pelvis by just sitting down. therefore i am much happier with being a bigger size.

did that help you at all?
omg at this thread its crazy
a size 16 is not fat im a 14 and im not fat it doesnt mean anything.
some of you guys really need to grow up and look around at the world because most girls u will meet are a 12/14 and you wont find many girls that are a 8 or 6 because of the kind of world we live in!
i like who said fat is not ugly your so right!
op you really dont need to worry about your weight because in the wider scale of it, it wont matter some 1 will love you for who you really are and wont care (much)about how much u weigh or what size you are. if a guy really loves you he will love everything about you and that will include ur curves
xxxx
Reply 54
Ok I don't know what the sizes mean so I don't know if 16 is big or not.

Some men won't be attracted to larger girls. They shouldn't feel ashamed that they're not. We don't get to decide who we are attracted to. Recently I had an opportunity with a girl and I turned it down. People asked me if it was because of here size. Maybe I would have been attracted if she was a little smaller. But I know another girl who is probably a bit larger who I do find attractive.

So really it depends on the mans preferences and just whether it suits the girl or not.
you can all have this discussion until you turn blue in the fact but just ask any guy you know to date a girl that has a few love handles and wears clothes from the upper end of the scale at top shop... he is more than likely going to pass.
its not EVERYBODY because if it were, size 18 girls wouldnt get boyfriends. but as a big girl I can honestly say I find it harder to date the guys I want or get boyfriends then my skinnier mates.
all the big girls on here will tell you the same... be totally honest

its nothing to do with being unhappy within yourself or anything of the sort. The question was "what do guys really think of fat girls".
Honest answer - guys think they are fat. end of story.
And they want someone slimmer.

How many celebs are fat? how many fantasy girls on page three are fat? how many models are fat!

its the fantasy, its the dream. its simple these girls are just not big. they are small size 6/8s and 10s.
yeah, what the last person said. if you're unhappy with it? lose the weight! seriously, it's that simple. the actual LOSING it itself is probably not very simple or else everyone would find it easy.. but once you've acknowledged you're unhappy and the only way you can change it is by losing weight... wtf just DO IT.

ahem.

p.s. i hate it when fat people call their fat rolls "curves". i'm sorry to be so blunt but it really ****s over the girls that have REAL curves and just makes THEM believe they're fat.
Reply 57
yeah, what the last person said. if you're unhappy with it? lose the weight! seriously, it's that simple. the actual LOSING it itself is probably not very simple or else everyone would find it easy.. but once you've acknowledged you're unhappy and the only way you can change it is by losing weight... wtf just DO IT.

Losing weight is very simple (exercise 20 min a day and eat better food), it just requires a lot of willpower.
Reply 58
Doesn't do it for me I'm afraid.
Reply 59
i am a size 14, and i am some what happy.

Latest

Trending

Trending