The Student Room Group

Friends with Benefits/casual sex

Hey!

So Ive been single since May and it was a pretty bad breakup and its kind of ruined my faith in guys a bit. I'm not fully over it and really not ready for a new relationship.

I've got back in touch with an old friend and we're sleeping together at the moment on a casual basis. I am kind of worried that I will develop feelings but we have both said if that happens then we will tell each other and talk about it.

However, since I've been given an STD before (from said ex) I have said to him that while we're not together I do want us to be exclusive in that we dont have sex with other people in order for each other to be safe. Dating and things like that I think is ok but I don't want to have another experience like that. Is this fair or am I being out of order?
Reply 1
That's ridiculous. Are you his wife or are you his casual sex partner? If it's the latter, then you're in no position to impose restrictions on what he can and can't do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey!

So Ive been single since May and it was a pretty bad breakup and its kind of ruined my faith in guys a bit. I'm not fully over it and really not ready for a new relationship.

I've got back in touch with an old friend and we're sleeping together at the moment on a casual basis. I am kind of worried that I will develop feelings but we have both said if that happens then we will tell each other and talk about it.

However, since I've been given an STD before (from said ex) I have said to him that while we're not together I do want us to be exclusive in that we dont have sex with other people in order for each other to be safe. Dating and things like that I think is ok but I don't want to have another experience like that. Is this fair or am I being out of order?

I mean you could use protection....?

If he's ok with it then I guess there's not a problem but it strikes me as a bit odd that anyone would be ok with basically 'we're not in a relationship but you still can't have sex with anyone else'. It's like the worst of both...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending