The Student Room Group

I'm Schizophrenic AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paladian
Yeah I found it. He's right except that even when I was completely ill in hospital I still had times when I'd feel well and would say to myself well this is it I've just got to get better or I'll be in here forever lost and I'd plan my recovery and I'd fight against it eventually I came to the realisation that I didn't need to fight that the worst was over and there was no point in being so mentally aggressive. My mind is like mental territory a battle for space won through intelligent thinking one that someone who's never felt the pain of mental illness will understand because they will never believe its real.

ok.
Reply 61
Original post by perspiracious
Are your imaginary friends also schizophrenic?

Go\od qusetion and one I don't really know the answer to. I'll ask. no reply they must be busy.
Reply 62
It seems more people suffer from some form of mental illness than don't.
Reply 63
bump
Reply 64
so i was watching the twilight zone, in this particular episode the guy lost his identity, his wife didn't know him and his work mates didn't know who he was and he was frantic blah blah so on and so forth got scared talked to a doctor

THEN

he woke up from the dream EXCEPT his wife was different and he was shocked

thoughts on what happened
Reply 65
Does being schizophrenic somewhat muddy your ability to make consistently logical points?
Reply 66
Original post by A5ko
Does being schizophrenic somewhat muddy your ability to make consistently logical points?

Yes it does sorry about that.
How many voices are in your head?
Reply 68
Original post by mmmmmmmmmmmmm
How many voices are in your head?

A whole communities worth. It's like the ones that appear inside my head are individual haters and the ones that appear to be outside my head space are a community of hateful people. Its quite complex and very disturbing.
A whole communities worth. It's like the ones that appear inside my head are individual haters and the ones that appear to be outside my head space are a community of hateful people. Its quite complex and very disturbing.

That's so freaky. :frown: Do you have names for each one of them?
Reply 70
That's so freaky. :frown: Do you have names for each one of them?

I can relate them back to when I was a child, I don't know their names.
I can relate them back to when I was a child, I don't know their names.
In what way can you relate them back to your childhood?
Reply 72
Original post by Little Popcorns
In what way can you relate them back to your childhood?

Sorry I should have said; I remember them as real people I met when I was a child and some I met again when I was a teenager just before my initial psychotic episode.
Sorry I should have said; I remember them as real people I met when I was a child and some I met again when I was a teenager just before my initial psychotic episode.

Do your friends know?
Reply 74
Do your friends know?

Well my old friends do but when I went into hospital I decided to move and now my new friends don't know. People can be quite vindictive and blame you for all the stuff you get wrong. I think my new friends can guess there is something wrong.
Well my old friends do but when I went into hospital I decided to move and now my new friends don't know. People can be quite vindictive and blame you for all the stuff you get wrong. I think my new friends can guess there is something wrong.

How do your friends know something is wrong? Do you behave strangely?
(edited 8 years ago)
did you have a stressful, traumatic or bad childhood?
Reply 77
How?

How can they guess? Well I'm quite illogical at times and make inappropriate comments, I suffer from paranoid delusions and stuff.
Like I said I'm schizophrenic AMA :smile:

I took acid, ecstasy, coke & crack and smoked heroin leading up to a psychotic episode and a diagnosis of schizophrenia.

Why are you using my idea for a thread. Mental illness is the new cool? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by Little Popcorns
did you have a stressful, traumatic or bad childhood?

Yes I did. We were very poor and lived in cramped conditions my brother was taken into care and my parents divorced. My earliest memory is hearing voices and hallucinating. I was and to a certain extent still am very dependant on my mother.

Quick Reply

Latest