Portfolio advice Watch

mitjaole
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Next year I'll apply for foundation at CSM and I have a lot of issues with my portfolio. I have to do the foundation because once I have finished it I'd like to apply for the Fashion Communication and Promotion course and the main issue is that my portfolio contains only photos, fashion communication projects and examples of fashion writing, so no fashion designs at all. Should I include personal fashion designs even though I'm not interested in being a fashion designer?
sairawr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Its not necessary to include fashion designs, because this course isn't a fashion design degree - I'd say experiment a lot with development in styling, promotion, digital communication and independent live projects that you can document in your portfolio as evidence of growth and understanding in this field.

I've had an interview for FCP at CSM and they really do expect to see a lot of development and personal knowledge.
vickymr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, im interested in applying for the fashion communication and promotion MA and I am a fashion designer, in your experience with your interview what would you say it would be best to include in a portfolio? I have fashion design projects but they also include my styling and photography in them. Any advice would be very helpful! Thanks
sairawr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vickymr)
Hi, im interested in applying for the fashion communication and promotion MA and I am a fashion designer, in your experience with your interview what would you say it would be best to include in a portfolio? I have fashion design projects but they also include my styling and photography in them. Any advice would be very helpful! Thanks

Things like that are fine if they are supported with the element of styling, it'd be good to include things that relate to the communication said so advertorial, editorial etc..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate Fashion Business Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate School of Media & Communication Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate Fashion Business School Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (64)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (379)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.33%

Watched Threads