How will you vote in the General Election? Watch

justanothertechie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
With the General Election rapidly approaching we want to know how you are going to vote. So far we know that the Green's are in front but this could change!

https://satonthefence.wordpress.com/...eral-election/
demx9
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by justanothertechie)
With the General Election rapidly approaching we want to know how you are going to vote. So far we know that the Green's are in front but this could change!

I would vote BNP
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by justanothertechie)

Probably Tory.
Gos123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Conservative.

There is no alternative.

Labour are economic terrorists.
Liberal Democrats break every promise they make.
UKIP are completely and utterly incompetent in their policy proposals and are just right wing populists.
Greens are anti-science and anti-reality.
SNP are Anglophobic federalist ****wits and a watered down anti-reality policy with their proposals to scrap trident and their insistence to poke their nose in English affairs.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gos123)
Conservative.
I'm going to have to take issue with that.

I can kind of take tuiton fees (but then, they weren't a majority, and both Labour and the Tories supported the browne review which called for uncapped tuition fees (Lib dems capped it to 9])

But please tell me what promises the lib dems have broken?

Tories reneged by immediately attacking the AV referendum, thus the payback of no constitutional reform.

Tories have broken THEIR pledge to cut immigration, stupid policy as it was. David Cameron's "green credentials" are in the bin.
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Another day, another poll.

I'm going to vote Labour as I like our local candidate, and I can not stand the current Tory MP.
democracyforum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We should be voting under AV

So

UKIP 1
Conservative 2
Green party 3
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Conservative.

There is no alternative.

UKIP are completely and utterly incompetent in their policy proposals and are just right wing populists.
Greens are anti-science and anti-reality.
SNP are Anglophobic federalist ****wits and a watered down anti-reality policy with their proposals to scrap trident and their insistence to poke their nose in English affairs.
Yes yes!! Their involvement in the Iraq war and Afghanistan certainly makes them terrorists. Will never vote Labour because this.

I've changed my mind and most likely will vote for the Liberal Democrats. UKIP are just too extreme.
Gos123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Davij038)
I'm going to have to take issue with that.

I can kind of take tuiton fees (but then, they weren't a majority, and both Labour and the Tories supported the browne review which called for uncapped tuition fees (Lib dems capped it to 9])

But please tell me what promises the lib dems have broken?

Tories reneged by immediately attacking the AV referendum, thus the payback of no constitutional reform.

Tories have broken THEIR pledge to cut immigration, stupid policy as it was. David Cameron's "green credentials" are in the bin.
That was hyperbole, forgvie me. I attack the Lib Dems too much.
I don't actually mind them - I just prefer the Tories.

The Tories didn't renege, they never wanted AV and thus were within their rights to campaign against it.
zippity.doodah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
true

...every promise? or just the one? have they really broken more promises than the tories?

incompetent in their proposals? how? are they not transparent enough? and how is being populist bad? isn't populism just doing what the electorate want? thatcher was a populist, wasn't she?

they're federalists? I thought they wanted independence? and what's wrong wth federalism any way? it's more democratic, isn't it?
mrkl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
all politicians are bogus - don't vote
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
By going to the polling station and putting an 'X' under the candidate I wish to see elected.
Gos123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zippity.doodah)
true

...every promise? or just the one? have they really broken more promises than the tories?

incompetent in their proposals? how? are they not transparent enough? and how is being populist bad? isn't populism just doing what the electorate want? thatcher was a populist, wasn't she?

they're federalists? I thought they wanted independence? and what's wrong wth federalism any way? it's more democratic, isn't it?
We're agreed on that one.

Well maybe, politicians break promises occasionally, but it seems the Coalition haven't actually broken tht many.

Expand the army by 40%. Climate change denial. Need I say more? It's totally unfundable. Also, populism isn't necessarily a good thing, just because people want things doesn't mean it's good. Also, Thatcher was not a populist at all, for the first 5 years of her premiership she was incredibly unpopular, but then - lo and behold, people realised she was right.

They'll do anything to increase their own power at the expense of Westminster and the English. Federalism to me is a terrible idea and rarely works when you have competing regions and competing ideologies. Federalism may be more democratic, but more democratic =/= better.
zippity.doodah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They'll do anything to increase their own power at the expense of Westminster and the English. Federalism to me is a terrible idea and rarely works when you have competing regions and competing ideologies. Federalism may be more democratic, but more democratic =/= better.
...how do regions "compete" in a federal system? surely they simply co-exist? does the state of nebraska "compete" against wisconsin in the united states? how?
democracyforum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am protesting the ballot paper and will vote in an AV format
Gos123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zippity.doodah)
...how do regions "compete" in a federal system? surely they simply co-exist? does the state of nebraska "compete" against wisconsin in the united states? how?
In the Congress. Sure, Scott Walker can trash Wisconsin, but that means that nationwide parties at the federal level will compete and thus cause gridlock.
Gwilym101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Green

Although I disagree with their policies on nuclear power and on GMOs.
Pulse.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Conservatives or Liberal Democrats for a pragmatic, secure and sustainable future.

Though I doubt my vote will make any difference in my constituency.

Posted from TSR Mobile
User1255194
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Conservatives are the only economically viable party. If I could vote I would vote for them.

The thing I love to see in British politics today is a blurring of the political spectrum. I think the conventional left-right idea has essentially vanished and what we have now is a mixture. Society is much more progressive and successful when it simply chooses what works, not excluding policies that do not fit with its classical dogmatic ideology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
zippity.doodah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In the Congress. Sure, Scott Walker can trash Wisconsin, but that means that nationwide parties at the federal level will compete and thus cause gridlock.
in a federal system, single states do what single states themselves want without imposing their ways upon others. that's what makes gridlock in the congress so desirable in terms of domestic affairs - the allowance of diversity and an absence of blanket-policies. why should one state do what other states want simply because they have a bigger collective population? that doesnt mean that they have anything to do with that state in the first place, though (unless there is also a senatorial majority too perhaps where states are represented, as opposed to populations). that's why gridlock (via the senate) is a good thing in my opinion. the only place where there *shouldnt* be such gridlock would be within the states themselves (which is why I think it's stupid that most single states in america actually have senates too)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (505)
59.69%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.08%
No- I want it (241)
28.49%
No- I don't want it (57)
6.74%

Watched Threads