The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

have you ever known a transgender person

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Guy Secretan
did they get nhs funding for surgery also how did their parents react

I think so yes, the hormones and things have the same prescription charge as most other drugs I think. Parents are completely fine with it, siblings fine with it. Some old friends are being a bit rubbish about it though
No, don't think so.
In my country, Viet Nam, there is a transgender person who is in top 4 of Vietnam Idol (season 4).
She was used to be a man, she had a gender reassignment surgery. When she in Vietnam Idol, she is a girl.
Now she has a boyfriend who loves her so much.
Considering they are less than 0.5 % of the general population, I think they punch well above their weight in the "Let's discuss my problems" sweepstakes.
Go on any forum and pretty soon there will be a thread running on them. If they were a celeb they would have the best agent in the world.
There are 20x as many disabled people yet they get a fraction of the collum inches.
Gotta take my hat off to them.
Yeah my sister. I even wrote a blog post about it - https://thesecretlifeofrosie.wordpress.com/2016/03/24/first-blog-post/
Reply 45
Yeah I've met one or two not sure really because when they're a man they're male and vice versa. Hmm its an interesting subject.
Yes a girl in my secondary school. Everyone just assumed she was tomboyish. After a year of leaving school, she changed.
Yea I know two and both are messed up in the head

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
If I get to meet one... Am pretty sure am going to Lol :biggrin:
No... do you count a girl on my facebook who wants to be a boy as "ever known"?

Then no.
Original post by paul514
Yea I know two and both are messed up in the head

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mental illnesses?
Reply 51
Nope and I never wish to.
There's a guy who was in my older brother's year who's transgender
If you gotta dick, you a man. If you gotta vagina, you a woman.
No such thing as 'transgender'
Reply 54
Not really but there's this girl who transitioned into a guy who's now in 6th form. Originally the school gave her access to the staff and disabled toilets because she was still a girl in their guys. Then she threw a hissy fit so they let her use the boys toilets. A week ago i had finished an enjoyable piss and when i looked up in the mirror while washing my hands lo and behold i see bright yellow hair belonging to an gremlin with several facial piercings.
Actually, there's a girl in my college who is in the early transitioning stage. She is due to undergo surgery within 3 years.
I don't think so,no
Original post by Macy1998
Mental illnesses?

Yes and several co-morbid conditions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A$aprocky
If you gotta dick, you a man. If you gotta vagina, you a woman.
No such thing as 'transgender'

So people who've had full SR surgery to give them dicks or vaginas aren't transgender? Also, why make that the dividing line? You could get such surgery without any other form of transitioning, while on the other hand some transwomen who haven't yet had full vaginal construction surgery otherwise look very stereotypically feminine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep, a friend of a friend at uni transitioned during the couple of years I knew her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending