Dental Nursing vs Dental Hygiene and therapy?

Watch
Krish345
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello. I have basically got rejected from nearly all unis to do dental hygiene and therapy however,Teesside university said I could to the dental nursing instead which is for a year. I was just wondering if it is possible that when i finish that year i could go onto the dental hygiene and therapy course?
eshdentist
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry to hear you were rejected :-(

If it's something you fancy why not? It'll boost your re-application for next year and make your first year in dental hygiene that little bit easier. If I were in your shoes I'd do if
Rebecca1987
Badges: 1
Report 6 years ago
Sorry to hear that. I think nursing sounds like a good pmN for you. Good luck I have applied too, can I ask when you got your reply please? Do you know of anyone who has received acceptances yet? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Krish345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rebecca1987)
Sorry to hear that. I think nursing sounds like a good pmN for you. Good luck I have applied too, can I ask when you got your reply please? Do you know of anyone who has received acceptances yet? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my replies 3/4 weeks later from january 15th the deadline. And no i dont but some people i know have been invited to interviews. Is it possible to go from dental nursing to dental hygiene and therapy? Also at the moment im doing a foundation year in psychology so if i did the dental nursing and then dental hygiene and therapy that would be 5 years. Would student finance be able to fund for 5 years :/
Krish345
Rep:
?
(Original post by eshdentist)
Sorry to hear you were rejected :-(

If it's something you fancy why not? It'll boost your re-application for next year and make your first year in dental hygiene that little bit easier. If I were in your shoes I'd do if
i guess its just really hard to get into but i was just wondering,at the moment im doing a foundation year in psychology so if i did the dental nursing and then dental hygiene and therapy that would be 5 years. Would student finance be able to fund for 5 years?
Rebecca1987
Report 6 years ago
Hi has anyone applied for DHDT at teeside and had an offer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ProfA
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
[QUOTE=Rebecca1987;54061667]Hi has anyone applied for DHDT at teeside and had an offer yet?

I applied for Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy at Teesside and got an offer from them last week. Have you got an offers yet?
Rebecca1987
Report 6 years ago
[QUOTE=ProfA;54530633]

I applied for Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy at Teesside and got an offer from them last week. Have you got an offers yet?
Yes I got in too

Posted from TSR Mobile
ProfA
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
[QUOTE=Rebecca1987;54539569]
(Original post by ProfA)

Yes I got in too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done!!! Is Teesside your first choice?
username3451024
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=ProfA;54530633]

Hello,

for dental hygiene and therapy is BTEC national extended Diploma in applied science level 3 acceptable instead of A- level Biology.

would be great if respond to me as soon as possible.
Teesside University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=G3_LK;72876644]
(Original post by ProfA)

Hello,

for dental hygiene and therapy is BTEC national extended Diploma in applied science level 3 acceptable instead of A- level Biology.

would be great if respond to me as soon as possible.
Hi, yes we do accept this
username3451024
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=Teesside University;72886598]
(Original post by G3_LK)

Hi, yes we do accept this
Hi, what is post qualification. And do you accept BTEC applied science level 2. I haven't got my gcse science.
username3451024
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know if dental nursing advanced apprenticeship qualification is acceptable to universities in the UK?
MKaur18
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Krish345)
Hello. I have basically got rejected from nearly all unis to do dental hygiene and therapy however,Teesside university said I could to the dental nursing instead which is for a year. I was just wondering if it is possible that when i finish that year i could go onto the dental hygiene and therapy course?
What did you apply with? All a levels? Was this the first time you applied?
username3451024
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MKaur18)
What did you apply with? All a levels? Was this the first time you applied?
I haven't applied to universities yet. I want to do level 3.
MKaur18
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by G3_LK)
I haven't applied to universities yet. I want to do level 3.
Level 3 dental nursing? If you don't have bio a level, i'd study for it. It's upto you tho... I'll be applying soon too
Teesside University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=G3_LK;72886840]
(Original post by Teesside University)

Hi, what is post qualification. And do you accept BTEC applied science level 2. I haven't got my gcse science.
Hi, sorry for taking a little while to respond. I've had a chat with the School of Health & Social Care admissions team to see if I can answer your questions.

We could potentially accept the BTEC Level 2 applied science instead of the GCSE science, but you would need to send your results in to the School of Health & Social Care so that an admissions tutor can look at them and make a decision.

You also asked about the dental nursing advanced apprenticeship qualification. If you're thinking of applying for Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy, it might be best to email the universities you're thinking of going to and checking if they accept it.

The email address for the School of Health & Social Care is [email protected], but please do ask away here if you have any other questions for us
Aimzy273
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Krish345)
If you meet the level 3 entry requirements of teeside including the tariff points and stuff then hopefully yeah - good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (357)
84%
No (68)
16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed