Is this a good idea or not? (UCAS application) Watch

a96clark
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've got offers from Bath and Warwick for A*AA, and an offer from Lancaster for AAB, as well as two others that I don't want to go to.

When I went to Bath offer holders' day, they said that they withhold about 20 places for people who only just miss their grades which shows that they're slightly lenient.
When I went to Lancaster open day, they said they're a little lenient and also have a few places in clearing

Would it be at all wise to put Warwick firm and Bath insurance even though they're the same offer? Just incase Bath accepts me if I only just miss the grade. Also, I don't really want to go to Lancaster tbh, but I can always grab them in clearing if I need.

Thanks for the replies!

(I'm doing maths if that changes anything)
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't accept a university you don't want to go to. If you don't like Lancaster, don't put them as your insurance.
Sky.high
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by a96clark)
I've got offers from Bath and Warwick for A*AA, and an offer from Lancaster for AAB, as well as two others that I don't want to go to.

When I went to Bath offer holders' day, they said that they withhold about 20 places for people who only just miss their grades which shows that they're slightly lenient.
When I went to Lancaster open day, they said they're a little lenient and also have a few places in clearing

Would it be at all wise to put Warwick firm and Bath insurance even though they're the same offer? Just incase Bath accepts me if I only just miss the grade. Also, I don't really want to go to Lancaster tbh, but I can always grab them in clearing if I need.

Thanks for the replies!

Bath is a prestigious uni. Why would Bath give the 20 places to those who put Bath as insurance when there are ppl putting it as firm and missed.
That is the case.
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by a96clark)

Thanks for the replies!

what if Lancaster is not in clearing. they are very popular for maths. my concern here is you may be acting out of snobbery here and only wanting to put bath as an insurance due to its huge reputation for maths and that is why you are rejecting Lancaster. you need to consider your options and decide whether you will be happy to go for anyone in clearing if you fail to get into your insurance offer. it is highly unlikely warwick bath imperial ucl will be in clearing for maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (212)
21.88%
The paper was reasonable (419)
43.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (185)
19.09%
It was TERRIBLE (153)
15.79%

Watched Threads