Anxiety over parents evening Watch

Lularose83
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have parents evening Wednesday and I feel so anxious. I have heart palpitations, headache and the thought of my teachers talking to my parents makes me feel physically sick. It's not that Ive done badly (which would justify my worry) but I don't want them to say anything which will make me feel that I'm not good enough to do what I want to do, knocking my confidence (I am shy, getting my confidence to the point it is at now took long enough). I just blow everything out of proportion, I'm losing sleep over the worry! Please help :eek:
Lularose83
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone???
NotJustAName
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You've recognized that you're overreacting and you know there's nothing to worry about. So many people feel anxious about parents evening and you've even said you haven't done badly. What is the worst that can happen? Instead, of looking at the negatives, you should think about the positives. Tell yourself you're looking forward to it and you'll start believing it. Your parents are going to feel really proud when they hear you're doing really well. Worrying about parents evening is nothing. Worrying about it is a first world problem. Keep yourself busy until then and if it helps, maybe just don't think about it.
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't worry about parents evening. Its not a big deal as some people like to make of it.

Don't seek of others approval but be yourself and try your best to prove your teachers wrong on results day if you think you have done badly.
ThomasCPFC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I feel the exact same thing every year, got mine on the 20th April 2017, 2 days away! I've got nothing to be worriedly about but I get so worked up about it every year, seeing your comment made me feel better as I'm not the only one who expirences this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (182)
61.28%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
4.04%
No- I want it (81)
27.27%
No- I don't want it (22)
7.41%

Watched Threads

Latest