The Student Room Group

Bimm 2015

Hi,
I auditioned and got offers from BIMM Bristol, Brighton and Manchester for songwriting but I'm torn between which to go to.

Any recommendations?
I'm got a place at BIMM Bristol and I heard that the bristol area in general is really nice. Have you visited all of them?
Reply 2
Hey, yeah I've been to Bristol and Manchester. I went to Brighton about 8 years ago and I remember It being nice.
Maybe you should look at all the local areas more? See which area suits you best whilst you will be at the un. You could also check out reviews of the courses at each different one and compare them
Reply 4
My original plan was to go to Bristol after reading a lot about it.

Which course are you doing?
Yeah Bristol appealed to me the most tbh, it seems like a great area
I'm going to study music technology
Reply 6
It seems better than manchester as a city.
Haha it does, so you choosing between Brighton and bristol then?
Also what course are you thinking of doing doing?
Reply 8
Yeah I'm thinking Bristol but Brighton still sounds tempting.

Songwriting.
Tbf Brighton is near the sea, so in summer I can imagine it being a great place to live
Reply 10
Bristol isn't that far from the sea either. Plus it's near Bath and reasonably close to Cardiff.
It might be an idea to visit both uni's again?
(edited 9 years ago)
I just accepted my place in Bimm Bristol! I'll be doing the songwriting course. I dont know the city very well as I'm living in London now but I heard all the good things about it and I liked it a lot when I went there to audition! Living costs are quite low compared to other cities like Manchester or Brighton (or London obvoiusly haha) but the music scene is big and lots of arty things happening. Is anyone going to share a flat or do you choose other types of accommodation like unite-students etc? I'm looking for a room in a flat share but its much easier to find sth as a group of people! Would anyone like to look for sth together? (it would be nice to have a filled-with-music-vibes flat) :P
Reply 13
I won't really get the chance to go to either for the next few months although I might be visiting Bristol in summer. Not sure what I'm doing for accommodation yet i'm still looking about. That sounds like a good idea though.

Quick Reply

Latest