The Student Room Group

GCSE Options!!!

Ok, so I'm having a bit of a dilemma here. :s-smilie::confused::s-smilie:

For GCSEs, I'm already sure I'm doing Triple Science and German, with the aim of gaining entry to a medical school when I'm older. I'm also liking the idea of doing Geography along with those two. However, I have one more GCSE option remaining and I'm not sure what to pick, as Triple Science and German would be the main options I would need in the future.

I've been thinking whether or not to do History, but I've heard that it is quite tough and I would rather have more time to focus on my other two (or three) options (if possible). History could be a good option for me as I'm currently a 7c in it, but I'm still undecided. If not, I was thinking about either GCSE Business or Computer Science because if you haven't realised already, I'm not very into Design and Technology subjects.

If it helps, I'm a 7a in Maths, 7c in English, 7a in Science, 7b in Geography, 6b in German and 7c in History.

tl;dr: I want a job in medicine, but I don't know which other GSCEs I should take along with Triple Science and a language.

Business is so boring. I take it and I wish I could drop it. It's just filling in worksheets day in day out. I hate it and it bores me to death... no-one in my class likes it.
I take History and Geography and I'd say they go very well hand-in-hand. I have no experience with Computer Science, though. But honestly, History is the way to go! It's very interesting. Though don't stress yourself too badly - the options do not matter much (although it feels like they do!), only if they are soft or hard subjects (business is soft)... A-Levels are where it's important.

If you are terribly unhappy with your options, though, schools usually let you change subjects within the first half term... so you can always fall back on that!
Original post by get_in_the_robot
only if they are soft or hard subjects (business is soft)

This won't matter either for trying to get into Medical School. :smile:

OP: I'd suggest picking the subject that you think looks most interesting and where you think you'd have the best chance of scoring the highest possible grade. If you want to do Business Studies, you won't be disadvantaged when applying as the grade you score is more important than the actual choice.

Quick Reply

Latest