The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
homerton innit
wanderer
You wanna bet? Just you wait. We have our methods.

It's those paddles, they're getting to you aren't they.
Ditting Suck
My friend at Christ's told me this morning that it's 'mostly gay people', so there you go.

Although the traditional view is that, as has been mentioned, Peterhouse is pinker than Barbie Fondant Fancies.

Yay, I guess I picked the right college
Reply 23
Bingo Jesus
It's those paddles, they're getting to you aren't they.

There's only one paddle, damn you! And its not very big.

Boatie.
Reply 24
our college seems to have undergone a boooom with the LeGiBiTies, there are about 4 from the older years, then from the freshers there's like 10 of us!
The rumour is mainly a result of the adonians society, and the behaviour of certain fellows. As for being a 'disabled college', it may be the case that more disabled people apply there because the DRC (disability resource centre) is just over the road, and if their disability makes going anywhere quite difficult, then it's a sensible place to be. That being said, Pembroke is probably the same.

MB
yeah there's quite a few of us at Pembroke, although it is further away and it can be quite difficult to get there sometimes!
Reply 27
Ah right, thanks for clearing that up. As for the sentence structure police on the previous page, keep up the good work guys. I'm glad some people were still able to work out what I meant; there's a semicolon just for good measure.
I chose Peterhouse by accident. But hey the people there were all so friendly to me lol. :biggrin:
My friend who went to Homerton says it's gay central.
Right, so we've cleared that up then: 'the gay college' is Peterhouse, Pembroke, Homerton and Christs. Oh, and Churchill and Corpus Christi (they have a bit of a thing for pink). And New Hall and Newnham (full of lesbians). And the ones with girlie names, obviously (St. Catz, Magdalene, Emma and Clare). And Queens', for obvious reasons. Seeing as Christ's is gay, and both Christ's and John's were set up by Lady Margaret, John's is probably also gay (there's also a big male majority over here). And Jesus was a 'fisher of men', wasn't he? King's is known for being 'the liberal one', and there's nothing more liberal than bumsex.

Is that all?
Reply 31
You forgot the Newton-Trinity link.
Reply 32
No one's pointed out that it's called Peter... House, as in the house of penis.
Peter = penis?

Never really heard that euphemism before.
Reply 34
FadeToBlackout
Peter = penis?

Never really heard that euphemism before.

Then you've never lived.

Take this classic Family Guy quote for example (which Peterhouse always makes me think of):

[when Peter founds his own country called Petoria] 'Yeah I was gona call it Peterland but that gay bar down by the airport already took it'

Oh, just found this too: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=peter
Hi puppy, can we have a chat, i read on a thread your doing maths. if you want to can you add me to your msn, i tried to pm you but you dont accept them
Reply 36
puppy
Then you've never lived.

Take this classic Family Guy quote for example (which Peterhouse always makes me think of):

[when Peter founds his own country called Petoria] 'Yeah I was gona call it Peterland but that gay bar down by the airport already took it'

Oh, just found this too: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=peter

That deserves rep on the basis of quoting Family Guy alone!
Dr Shrestha
Hi puppy, can we have a chat, i read on a thread your doing maths. if you want to can you add me to your msn, i tried to pm you but you dont accept them

Pretty sure Puppy does Classics.
Reply 38
Hmmmm... what an interesting question. I think as i am experienced in such matters that i should have a say too. Assuming we are talking about gay men rather than gay women (which would be fairly easy to answer) then... hmmm.... I want to say Kings cause thats what makes the most sense but.... i only know maybe.... 2/3 gay people from kings... am.... and its hard not to say my own college simply because i go there and so know ALL the gay guys of which there is quite a few. St. Catz is a good one i know at least a good handful from there. And as for peterhouse...i mean come on... the law of averages would say that the bigger colleges would get more gay people and it's pretty much true really. Hmmmm i also kno a handful of gay people from wolfson. But... never mind. I'd say that it would be between Catz, Kings and Johns...
There's a fair few gay men at John's, it's true. And also a number of supposedly straight people who are quite ludicrously camp.

EDIT: Grammar Police - should that be 'there is a fair few' or 'there are a fair few'? English fails me at this early hour...

Latest

Trending

Trending