The Student Room Group

What Phobia Do You have?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fireflazor
I feel for you on most of them, could you explain to me what hellfire is as I always just treat it as quote from a game "hellfire look at that", didn't realise it was a phobia

Posted from TSR Mobile
The religious belief of suffering in hell for eternity.
Reply 41
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
clowns ...

Have you had any therapy for it? :smile:
I've seen a video where this women finally is cured. I felt really sorry for her.
Reply 42
Milk...
Reply 43
Anyone have a phobia of sitting down?
Reply 44
Original post by Jessmw
Milk...

Oo interesting - any reason particularly why? :smile:
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
The religious belief of suffering in hell for eternity.

ahh okay, thanks for the insight, and yeah not religious but I can still see that. Personally always taken the opinion from the book 'The Amber Spyglass' that suffering for all eternity is still better than oblivion, better than nothing for the rest of eternity as you still have life, you still have consciousness, I suppose since religions usually have the alternate of heaven that doesn't seem like as good a thing anymore
Original post by Gott
GCSE student? Pa! You wait until A level :wink:

A level work, just thinking of times when my work levels get to large just make me want to hide in the corner and never come out
It used to be heights, but snowboarding cured that, now it's of handcuffs :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mary562
Have you had any therapy for it? :smile:
I've seen a video where this women finally is cured. I felt really sorry for her.

I haven't- no. I just blame it on watching too many horror films! I don't really come across clowns very often so it's not too much of an issue. I'll look that video up though- it sounds interesting!
Reply 49
Original post by Mary562
Oo interesting - any reason particularly why? :smile:

Always had a problem with it, probably because my sisters once tried to drown me using it hahah
Reply 50
Original post by Yeah dude
It used to be heights, but snowboarding cured that, now it's of handcuffs :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean as in doing a bad act or something that you'd see handcuffs soon on the way?

:smile:
Reply 51
Original post by Jessmw
Always had a problem with it, probably because my sisters once tried to drown me using it hahah

Oh wow :eek: naughty sisters :naughty:
I tastes lovely btw - you should give it a go ... :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by Mary562
Oh wow :eek: naughty sisters :naughty:
I tastes lovely btw - you should give it a go ... :smile:

Haha no thank you, can't even smell it without wanting to vom
I have a phobia that's sort of like trypophobia, but it's with dark, harsh lines on light backgrounds? It's difficult to explain, but the contrast really makes me feel ill. I suppose it's worse if it's somewhat reminiscent of a gash or cut? But I don't really have a problem with physical injuries or blood, which is odd.
Original post by Mary562
Do you mean as in doing a bad act or something that you'd see handcuffs soon on the way?

:smile:

Just them in general, let's just say I had a bad experience with them (not by breaking the law btw, that ain't my mellow :tongue: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Anyone have a phobia of blood?
Original post by Mary562
Anyone have a phobia of blood?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it's too much, yes.
Planes and teeth falling out :frown:
I don't really have many phobias at all, but I have one very specific one: Megalohydrothalassophobia - fear of large things in water. If I went scuba diving in the ocean and I turned around and saw a huge whale or shark swimming towards me, I'd probably have a major panic attack, faint and drown :lol:
My biggest phobia would have to be ducks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest