The Student Room Group

Which uni Sheffield or Sussex - International Business

Im an 18 year old male year 13 doing a gap year but applied for deferred place at both sheffield and sussex uni for International business & management and which uni is better ? in terms of course, place, teaching and employability after thanks x
I'm in my first year at Sussex and I'd say go anywhere else!!! I'm on a completely different course but I hear the business school is really well funded and resourced as lots of international students go there so that's a positive ...unless you love getting so completely wasted you can't remember your own name there won't be much else going on in fresher's week...and i've heard from lots of others/my own experience tells me that societies and clubs aren't very helpful in terms of making friends
I'm so lucky I have made a decent group of mates but there are so many people I know who were unlucky in their halls and the system for sorting out housing issues is appalling!!!
Also housing in brighton is a nightmare and everything is London prices also the management are not there to support students in my opinion...
Long and short of it is that if you are loud brash and wealthy and don't mind lots of acquaintances and not many close friends Sussex is defo for you!
I'm sorry to be so negative but I would have loved if someone had told me this last year... this is my experience though and I'd wait to hear from others before making a decision...good luck!
Sheffield and Sussex are pretty much on the same par. You'll hear positives and negatives about both, and it will be up to you to decide what you like the sound of. I don't know your personal preferences. If you told me you preferred living in the south to the north, then I would say go for Sussex. If you're looking for a cheaper standard of living, go for Sheffield. I would personally go for Sussex as I love Brighton. Look into what the courses involve and decide what you'd prefer to study. Look at the Students' Union website and see if anything catches your eye. Do lots of research and see what inspires you. You're in a really exciting position right now. Both unis are generally thought of as well respected. :smile:
Moved to the Business & Managment Forum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending