AsimAK14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey people, my name is asim. Im from Manchester and have a conditionql offer from plymouth for optometry. Would like to know amy other people who are going to do optom at plymouth. Also if you are already doing optom qt plymouth how is it? Hows the accommodation and how are u coping financiallly? I kno its a lot but am curious
rjk4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AsimAK14)
Hey people, my name is asim. Im from Manchester and have a conditionql offer from plymouth for optometry. Would like to know amy other people who are going to do optom at plymouth. Also if you are already doing optom qt plymouth how is it? Hows the accommodation and how are u coping financiallly? I kno its a lot but am curious
Hi! I'm from Newcastle and have also got a conditonal from Plymouth, I'Allah will be starting there in Sep. X
AsimAK14
Rep:
?
Thats good are you pakistani? Have you found any accommodation there yet?
AsimAK14
Rep:
?
And whats your name bro you got facebook or anything we could chat on?
rjk4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'v pm'd you!x
theoriginalrpr
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hey guys! im looking to firm plymouth too
AsimAK14
Rep:
?
Hey I ve sent you a pm
sijz09
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hi guys, i got a conditional from plymouth uni for optometry aswell. looking to start on 25th september however i dont know when the accommodation portal thing is opening.

by the way is anyone here from leicester?
AsimAK14
Rep:
?
Does uni start on 21st or the 25th september and the accommodation portal opens in april I think. Naah everyone is from Manchester, Newcastle, london and Leicester (I think u)
sijz09
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
its starts on the 25th bro thats what it says on my letter, and yeah im the one from leicester
rjk4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sijz09)
its starts on the 25th bro thats what it says on my letter, and yeah im the one from leicester
Hey yeah I insured plymouth yday glasgow is first choice x
username1646063
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

What are you predicted for you alevels?? Is optometry hard? i'm doing applied science l3 and only got C's at gcse.....
AsimAK14
Rep:
?
Yeh optometry is quite hard but so what inni haha. And I dont do a levels im doin a btec I m predicted D*D*D*. make sure you show tht u hav a lot of work exp, hav DDD and hav a really good personal statement. Its getting nore and more competitive I think.
username1646063
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeh optometry is quite hard but so what inni haha. And I dont do a levels im doin a btec I m predicted D*D*D*. make sure you show tht u hav a lot of work exp, hav DDD and hav a really good personal statement. Its getting nore and more competitive I think.
Ooo check ya out XD ... Inshallah i'll do good. Btw what grades did you get at GCSE?

I just don't want to go for something i'm not capable off :/ and this will sound daft but i can't see my self going far away on my own LOOOOOOL
AsimAK14
Rep:
?
GCSE'S I got 2A's n abt 8/9/10 B's sumat like tht. And I feel the same but ur workin gard today for tomorrow so im not tht bothered.
username1646063
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
GCSE'S I got 2A's n abt 8/9/10 B's sumat like tht. And I feel the same but ur workin gard today for tomorrow so im not tht bothered.

Check you out!!! Clever boy Surprised how u didn't do Alevels even though you got outstanding GCSE results! i'd be soo proud if i got that hmmm aha :P...... Anyways Good luck for Optometry! wait...
NuNu4569
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hiya I'm a first year student here, i've been here a year and i'm gonna do exams soon. So far so good, I live in Gilwell and its the cheapest, but it's great fun, clean and close to the uni, plus unlike Robbins there arnt many stairs, and you get 1 key for everything!. Also the course is taught well through lectures and practicals, with some seminars. The teachers teach well but obviously some are more preferred depending on which methods of teaching you. Financially, student finance didn't go too smoothly for me because i was missing a few letters, so make sure you bring all your papers and ID!!! And make sure you get your DBS certificate too, it's very important. If your moving from up north, don't worry, i'm from London and in my class there are people from everywhere (up North, Wales, Caribbean!), many asians too so yay (Asim) ! LOL
Hope to see you lot next year anyway, i'll be happy to help with anything, last year i was confused as hell :P
AsimAK14
Rep:
?
Haha you sound happy too happy. But from what I've heard from other people they 're really enjoying uni life at Plymouth too. It's just the actual uni work they hate lol. Hopefully I 'll see you, what's your name? I wanted to ask as well how do you handle lectures? Do you take loads of notes or like record it or sumat lol
username1646063
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Haha you sound happy too happy. But from what I've heard from other people they 're really enjoying uni life at Plymouth too. It's just the actual uni work they hate lol. Hopefully I 'll see you, what's your name? I wanted to ask as well how do you handle lectures? Do you take loads of notes or like record it or sumat lol
Asim, do you revise what you've learnt?
AsimAK14
Rep:
?
What you mean the BTEC? if you Mean the btec, no I dont
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.1%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.91%

Watched Threads