The Student Room Group

Feeling a little lost...

Basically, I am in my second year of studying French and Spanish at uni. I've been battling with depression on and off for a few years, I even withdrew halfway through my first year and resat it. (so I have no option to defer for a year). But recently it just seems to have gotten unbearable. I feel I have no motivation to go to uni or do any of the work, I no longer enjoy the social aspects of university either. I have to work around 20 or so hours a week on top of uni to survive financially, and although I started off well this semester, I seem to feel constantly exhausted and have a total lack of motivation.
I got around 70 percent in my french exams last semester, but only around 30 in my spanish. I can't decide whether to just withdraw and seek out a full time job?
or try my best to carry on, although it feels like it is too late to get myself decent grades :/
any advice would be appreciated.

Sorry for the long post!
Reply 1
Have you had help with your depression from either your GP or the uni's support/counselling service? My best advice would be to seek help - or get more if you've already tried some.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending