The Student Room Group

She's 14 I'm 18

So me and this girl have been talking for over two years and dating for 15months when we first started talking She lied to me about her age and made me believe she was 2 years older than she actually is I didn't question it as she looked older anyway.
after nearly a year dating towards her 14th birthday I found out her real age and to be completely honest I was disgusted with myself I couldn't believe I was with her for a year so I broke up with her, I tried to forget about her and it didn't work I couldnt sleep eat or anything I can say I was and am in love with her no matter what I done I couldn't stop thinking about her so we ended up getting back together. But I want advice don't judge me trust me you can't tell me anything I haven't told myself a million times... I love her but am I doing the right thing by following my heart

Scroll to see replies

If you met her online it's easy to forget about it. Otherwise... wait
Jailbait.
Reply 3
Way too young dude.
14 is the legal age in some counties. It ain't in the UK, though.
Leave that one alone
Reply 6
Far too young. And illegal depending on how far you take it. It's not going to amount to anything even if you do wait til 16 she has to have her silly teenage years of mucking about with boys her age. And I presume you want something a bit more serious. Leave her be.
the formula is y > or = x/2 + 7 , where x = your age and y = her age
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
So me and this girl have been talking for over two years and dating for 15months when we first started talking She lied to me about her age and made me believe she was 2 years older than she actually is I didn't question it as she looked older anyway.
after nearly a year dating towards her 14th birthday I found out her real age and to be completely honest I was disgusted with myself I couldn't believe I was with her for a year so I broke up with her, I tried to forget about her and it didn't work I couldnt sleep eat or anything I can say I was and am in love with her no matter what I done I couldn't stop thinking about her so we ended up getting back together. But I want advice don't judge me trust me you can't tell me anything I haven't told myself a million times... I love her but am I doing the right thing by following my heart

Look at what is happening to Adam Johnson....
you can get into serious trouble if she is under 16 ?
Original post by TheGrimCrim
the formula is y > or = x/2 + 7 , where x = your age and y = her age

Everything is fair in love and war if it is true love
The best advice I can give you is to wait until she's 16, or at least don't have sex until she's 16. that way you're morally and legally in the right. If you love her, and she loves you, you'll both be able to wait.
See that's the thing it's serious we met online but things escalated within a few months, she's got immature moments but was never that immature that it made me doubt her 'age' when she told me she was older by two years than to actually what she is, we had our 15 month anniversary date today and I do love her it's not lust, I'm the type of guy that is close with his parents but my personal life is my personal life and a few weeks ago I told my mum about this girl I legit love her I adore her and sometimes I'm disgusted with myself for being so in love with someone so young and I beat myself up about it and ive tried to leave her several times coz of her age but as cheesy as this sounds I'm in love with her and I can't do without her. If it was lust I wouldn't ever dare tell my mum about her
See this is a difficult one, I mean the age gap in itself isn't bad but under 16 ain't so good as you're 18.

If it's genuine love and you're not there to just creep on underage girls I'm personally cool with it, just don't tap dat for a while, yeah? Keep within the law or **** could could get awky
Reply 14
Wait until it's legal, dude.
I hope this is a joke. What the ****, man. I am not entirely sure you could not be aware she was 13 when you went for a date with her, or indeed 12 when you first started talking.

Or are you using 'dating' to mean 'relationship without any dates'? Still, it would be difficult not to know.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

You can talk to her but just wait until she's atleast 18 before you try anything because if you don't you will get a prison sentence of 14 years or so for rape. Good luck.
If you have sex before she is 16, that would be classed as statutory rape, just to let you know.

Sorry but I would try your best to cut her off. She's most likely going to cheat anyway because she's going to be experiencing life stages that you already have.

I would 100% discourage relationships with people you meet online.
You can't live without her? I hope that's a joke
Reply 19
Is she developed or not? I think most are developed by 14 from what I've heard

Latest