The Student Room Group

Students and Naturism (Nudism)

Be interested to know your thoughts about naturism. Have you ever gone to a naturist beach (and stripped off)? Been skinny-dipping? Gone to events such as World Naked Bike Ride? Gone to naturist clubs? Any of the above either in the UK or abroad?

Particularly interested in views from a female perspective but also from the boys too.

If you have not tried naturism, is it something you would try? If not, can you explain your reasons? Be also useful to know your age.

I am an OU student and preparing an essay on this subject. Am also a member of British Naturism (so obviously a naturist myself) so have biased views.

Thanks

(If you would rather not reply here, please feel free to PM me)
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm not currently a student (between degrees), but I have zero problems with public nudity. I haven't been to any naturist clubs specifically, but I've been to BDSM clubs where the majority of people (myself included) were naked. :bootyshake:
I am a mature student and therefore a lot older than the previous posters.

I have had saunas and used steam rooms in Germany and the Netherlands, and visited one in north London, all where no-one wears swimwear and sits on a towel or with one wrapped round. The one in north London describes itself as naturist, although I don't consider myself as one. In Germany and the Netherlands, at the places I have been to usually about 55-60% of the visitors are women, which is different from the UK where it is about 80%-90% men. A sauna without swimwear is way more comfortable.

I have been to clothes optional beaches in the south of France. Nice to be able to change and not have wet swimwear or have to do the towel dance, just need to always remember suncream of a high factor.

No wish to ever do the World Naked Bike Ride. I think it has lost much of its original purpose as a protest against car dependency.
Apologies for the bump, but I just wanted to raise an opinion.

I have no issues with it, intact I'm a member of the YBN. The problem I have is the decline of members in the YBN. The whole naturist community is 30+.

I just wish there was more promotion over it. These days a lot of people my age have issues with how they view their body, and since becoming a naturist, Ive looked at my body differently and actually embraced it.
Original post by Anonymous

I have no issues with it, intact I'm a member of the YBN. The problem I have is the decline of members in the YBN. The whole naturist community is 30+.

I just wish there was more promotion over it. These days a lot of people my age have issues with how they view their body, and since becoming a naturist, Ive looked at my body differently and actually embraced it.

There are a number of people under 30 at any spa in Germany or the Netherlands that I have been to. Not that most I expect would consider themselves a naturist.
I've never been to any sort of social nudism gathering myself but I find myself wearing nothing around the house when no one is in. I'm at uni now so I can't do that for the next 3/4 years ha.

I've also walked around my local reservoir nude at like 2-3am so no one will see me. I've also done nude meditation in my garden at home and around fields near me. I'm 20 as well by the way.

Why do I do it? Well I suppose I just love the feeling of not wearing clothes, and the feeling of freedom I get from it. What do you study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I wouldn't consider myself a nudist but I do enjoy being naked. Mostly I'm just naked in my room as I live in student halls and haven't confronted any of my flatmates with it.

I have however been to a couple of nudist beaches in the south of France and Greece which I really enjoyed. I've also been to a sauna/spa which had a no clothes policy.

I haven't been to a nudist place or event in the UK yet but would like to. I've heard at the energybase in London there's a naturist swim every Sunday which I was thinking about going to. Has anybody been to it yet and know what it's like? I have also thought about joining YBN but I'm not quite sure what sort of events they do and what it'll be like. Anybody got more info on it?

The main reason I like being naked is because it feels so liberating and relaxing and I'm 22. Going for a naked swim in the sea must be the best feeling ever :u: I'm not really self conscious about my body myself but I do think naturism can help you build confidence. I also think you keep more of an open mind about new people you meet and don't judge as much.
Reply 7
Does anybody know how to private message on this website?
Does anyone have any experience of taking up nudism as a student? I’d love to try it, but could do with hearing some experiences first to get up the nerve to do it.
Does anyone have any experience of taking up nudism as a student? I’d love to try it, but could do with hearing some experiences first to get up the nerve to do it.

I was a person going to saunas/spas without clothes before starting at uni. Once the restrictions are over, you may wish to try it at a quieter time of day or of the week.
Reply 10
Any info for prospective members?
Is there student concessions?
And what about newbies events??
I'm a 33 yo in human years male of human form...:h:

Latest