The Student Room Group

Independent Mature Student for 2016 Entry

Hi Everyone,

I am 22 years old (turning 23 when I finally head off to university in September 2016). I am wanting to study Meteorology at Reading University which is quite a competitive course. The entry requirement for my course is AAB (Grade A for Maths and Grade A for Physics. I finished college in 2012 with the following A-Levels: Maths (C), ICT (B).

After working for 3 years in the finance industry and gaining lots of life experience and various other unrelated qualifications, I am finally ready to go back to education and gain the degree I have always wanted!

So, I am currently resitting my Maths A-Level (Self-taught) in one year and will be sitting my exams in May/June 2015. Starting September 2015 I will begin my Physics A-Level (Self-taught) in one year and will be sitting my exams in May/June 2016.

How do I go about gaining a predicted grade for my Physics A-Level if I am self teaching and completing the whole A-Level in one year? (I.e. no AS grade to based predicted A2 grades on)

Do my references predict my grades even though that have no connections with my studies? (My references will be my current employer and my work experience mentor)

A bit confusing but hopefully someone can shed some light as I am a bit stuck.

Thank you very much,

A-Level Student
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by dlrlanders
Do my references predict my grades even though that have no connections with my studies?

Yes. When your referee logs into UCAS to write your reference they also predict your A level result, so you will have to tell your referee in advance what to put in the predictions box.

Considering the course requirements are AAB, you might as well predict yourself an A in Physics, whether you are confident of achieving it or not. You have nothing to lose. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
Yes. When your referee logs into UCAS to write your reference they also predict your A level result, so you will have to tell your referee in advance what to put in the predictions box.

Considering the course requirements are AAB, you might as well predict yourself an A in Physics, whether you are confident of achieving it or not. You have nothing to lose. Good luck!

Brilliant. Very helpful.

Thank you! - I will let my referees know as soon as.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending