AQA Classical Civilisation - Architecture and Sculpture

Watch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm self studying for the Architecture and Sculpture exam this year. I'm finding that it requires memorisation of a lot of content and I'm keen to cut this down as much as possible so that I can really work on understanding the material. From looking at past papers I've noticed that the 'Option A' in the exam seems to always be a question on temples and the others tend to be on sculpture. Am I correct in making this distinction? If so, would it be possible to focus on just one or two topics within the unit and drop the others?
Clytemnestra
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I tried doing that last year and I wouldn't recommend doing that. I got a D in that exam because I decided to study everything besides pottery - and when the exam came the easiest question on the paper was the pottery one and the others were much much harder. But if you're planning on skipping a topic then I recommend you know everything inside out because you won't have much of a selection when you do the paper. Good luck! I'm retaking and need an A so I'm studying everything just to be safe

Posted from TSR Mobile
SeaweedBrain
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We do this module for our A2 Classical Civilisation and my teacher has been doing it for years- and she's never taught the sanctuaries/temples part. We just cover vase painting, architectural sculpture and free-standing sculpture and she's always gotten good results. There's not really much point in learning it because it's harder and there'll never be a situation where there are no questions on other topics. That being said, there is a danger that you'll not be able to answer the easiest/best question because you haven't studied it well enough, so it needs consideration. Hope this helps!
Shaughney
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm just revising three topics, there's no way I'm doing temples, and looking through all the past papers there's never been a time where this would have disadvantaged me. I'm hoping I get to answer questions on vases and fss as those are the easiest questions imo.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.72%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (67)
28.51%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (88)
37.45%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.77%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise