The Student Room Group

AQA Classical Civilisation - Architecture and Sculpture

I'm self studying for the Architecture and Sculpture exam this year. I'm finding that it requires memorisation of a lot of content and I'm keen to cut this down as much as possible so that I can really work on understanding the material. From looking at past papers I've noticed that the 'Option A' in the exam seems to always be a question on temples and the others tend to be on sculpture. Am I correct in making this distinction? If so, would it be possible to focus on just one or two topics within the unit and drop the others?
I tried doing that last year and I wouldn't recommend doing that. I got a D in that exam because I decided to study everything besides pottery - and when the exam came the easiest question on the paper was the pottery one and the others were much much harder. But if you're planning on skipping a topic then I recommend you know everything inside out because you won't have much of a selection when you do the paper. Good luck! I'm retaking and need an A so I'm studying everything just to be safe

Posted from TSR Mobile
We do this module for our A2 Classical Civilisation and my teacher has been doing it for years- and she's never taught the sanctuaries/temples part. We just cover vase painting, architectural sculpture and free-standing sculpture and she's always gotten good results. There's not really much point in learning it because it's harder and there'll never be a situation where there are no questions on other topics. That being said, there is a danger that you'll not be able to answer the easiest/best question because you haven't studied it well enough, so it needs consideration. Hope this helps!
I'm just revising three topics, there's no way I'm doing temples, and looking through all the past papers there's never been a time where this would have disadvantaged me. I'm hoping I get to answer questions on vases and fss as those are the easiest questions imo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending