The Student Room Group

Law (LLB) at Manchester vs Newcastle!?

I am an international student feeling very undecided about where to go!
In terms of ranking, Newcastle seems to be doing better than Manchester but I feel like Manchester would be more ideal when it comes to connections, job prospects, training contracts, etc. Also, Manchester is more internationally recognised?

I would like to hear more about the actual course, the content, the way its being taught, etc. Any suggestions/comments will be appreciated! Thanks :smile:
Original post by shanelnv
I am an international student feeling very undecided about where to go!
In terms of ranking, Newcastle seems to be doing better than Manchester but I feel like Manchester would be more ideal when it comes to connections, job prospects, training contracts, etc. Also, Manchester is more internationally recognised?

I would like to hear more about the actual course, the content, the way its being taught, etc. Any suggestions/comments will be appreciated! Thanks :smile:

Traditionally Manchester has a much better international reputation, solely because of name recognition really. Its law school is weaker than the university generally, so it somewhat piggybacks off that.

Newcastle is probably the better choice if you want to become a solicitor or barrister in the UK. As I eluded to above, Manchester's law school isn't great and that fact is generally recognised amongst employers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending