akramaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
For my firm choice I have chosen UCL which wants me to get AAAe however I'm unsure on what I should put as my Insurance- Kings or Queen Mary
Queen Mary want ABB whilst Kings want AAA and is my more favoured option
What should I do?
mrchemistry
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by akramaa)
For my firm choice I have chosen UCL which wants me to get AAAe however I'm unsure on what I should put as my Insurance- Kings or Queen Mary
What should I do?
Hey! Which course is this for?
akramaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by mrchemistry)
Hey! Which course is this for?
History!
EdCohen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
History!
Insure QM.

No point having a firm and insurance at the same grades. Defeats the whole point lol.
mrchemistry
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
History!
I'd put down Kings for sure! Amazing uni, and one of my really good friends' sister is there doing some history related course and she said it's absolutely amazing ! PLUS Kings is ranked much higher than Queen Marys on complete university guide
akramaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by EdCohen)
Insure QM.

No point having a firm and insurance at the same grades. Defeats the whole point lol.
I was thinking that too but Kings seem to be more lenient than UCL and seem to accept you even if you just miss the needed grades
username1003420
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was thinking that too but Kings seem to be more lenient than UCL and seem to accept you even if you just miss the needed grades
Yeah they are sometimes a bit lenient, I do pharmacy there and a few people on my course got in with one grade lower than asked (they got ABB and kings asks for AAB for pharmacy).
EdCohen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, same with UCL, they let in plenty of students who marginally missed their offer. The whole point of an insurance choice is that it's lower than your firm, so you don't have to stress so much during A2. :confused:
NotJustAName
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would go for Queen Mary's, like Ed says, it defeats the whole purpose choosing King's as a back up choice if they're asking you get the same grades as your first choice. Look at it this way, they are both part of the University of London. I feel Queen Mary's has more character. East London is a really hip place to be. They have a really cool student village. If you choose King's as your back up choice and you haven't got the grades, you might have to go through clearing. Clearing can be fun but it also can be pressurised. Maybe you could take the risk and put King's down as your backup and if you don't get in, you could go through clearing and try to get in to Queen Mary's.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What should I do?
Personally I would argue put Kings down, at the end of the day the insurance is designed to be a uni you want to go to if you don't get into your firm.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (98)
61.64%
No (61)
38.36%

Watched Threads