mattbailey123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm thinking of going to Staffordshire University and will be on the Stafford campus, what's a night out like?
Aaron_Smith21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mattbailey123)
I'm thinking of going to Staffordshire University and will be on the Stafford campus, what's a night out like?
Hey!
I'm going to Staffs as well on Staffs campus! What are you studying??

From what I've heard, Stafford is mainly full of pubs so that's fine for just going for a drink or whatever, but there's the student union as well.
There's also a student bus that you can get for free with your student card you're given that is a ten minute ride into Stoke (stops at stoke campus) so you can always go to Stoke for a night out which has a few more clubs and things like that.

If you go to an applicant day, ask one of the students there (who are super helpful) and they'll explain a little better. I actually recommend going to an applicant day.

Hope I helped!!!
Dana.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aaron_Smith21)
Hey!
I'm going to Staffs as well on Staffs campus! What are you studying??

From what I've heard, Stafford is mainly full of pubs so that's fine for just going for a drink or whatever, but there's the student union as well.
There's also a student bus that you can get for free with your student card you're given that is a ten minute ride into Stoke (stops at stoke campus) so you can always go to Stoke for a night out which has a few more clubs and things like that.

If you go to an applicant day, ask one of the students there (who are super helpful) and they'll explain a little better. I actually recommend going to an applicant day.

Hope I helped!!!
Ha, Nightlife in Stafford is almost non existant. There's Couture on Tuesdays and mukky duck on Fridays at the union and that's about it.

Shuttle bus to stoke is 35 mins but stops at 6, so if you want to go to stoke on a night out its train/taxi.
DanB1991
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Union, while more rowdy (aka women half naked on stage ect) in stafford, it's mostly a male population.

The Union in stoke is far more balanced, bigger and generally a better night out. Also Hanley (main city center in stoke on trent, there's like 5 lol!), while terrible compared to other places, will do the job and you can find many different clubs in a relatively small area than compared to say Nottingham or Leicester, so no trekking halfway across the city centre to go to your favourite club or bar. The indie and rock club (I think it's called the sugermill) is quite good too if that is your kind of thing, I really enjoy it, but gets far too full on halloween. The metal club (The undegorund) is not that good but the only place that plays purely metal and a bit of rock, but they're the only two choices if your into that scene.
The Macho Man
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
From what I've heard there are more clubs around stoke, stafford has 2 I think but as everyone has said its more pubs. Not bad though if like me, you would rather sometimes just go out for a few pints!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery - Shrewsbury campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
    All except Paramedic Science, Midwifery and Paramedic Science - Stoke campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
    Nursing and Midwifery, Operating Department Practice and Paramedic courses - Stafford campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Nov '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
9.52%
They might tell the bully (4)
19.05%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
14.29%
It might lead to more bullying (7)
33.33%
There's nothing they could do (5)
23.81%

Watched Threads