The Student Room Group

A level revision help.

Hii guys.

So I'm currently taking my full A levels in History, Government and Politics and English Literature, but I'm also retaking modules from each subject. I know by this time of year I should be doing hardcore revision but I don't know the best way to do so, as I now work part time and have other commitments. Of course my education takes priority but I was just wondering what everyone's revision methods/tips are? And if you have taken those subjects, how did you achieve the grades that you wanted? :smile:
I'm doing English Literature, Geography and BTEC ICT. For geography, which I guess you could use with History as well, I write out all notes in powerpoint slides sectioning bits off and then look through past exam papers. I don't know what the Government and Politics would entail but for English Literature, I had a mock today, I am not allowed the books in the exam (don't know if you are with AQA) but I made sure I knew the main themes in each of the texts and then find generic quotes that could go with roughly any question and write them on revision cards. I then look for quotes to go with specific characters or themes and then practise drafting and doing past exam questions.
I tried the powerpoint idea at GCSE and got an A* in that paper, my year 10 human paper brought it down to an A) and ran out of time to do it for AS so am starting them now for A2. I didn't really revise last year for English as I found it a lost hope and just couldn't do it, however, something has clicked this year and I am waiting to see if the revision I did for my mock paid off :smile:.
Original post by MedievalWitch
I'm doing English Literature, Geography and BTEC ICT. For geography, which I guess you could use with History as well, I write out all notes in powerpoint slides sectioning bits off and then look through past exam papers. I don't know what the Government and Politics would entail but for English Literature, I had a mock today, I am not allowed the books in the exam (don't know if you are with AQA) but I made sure I knew the main themes in each of the texts and then find generic quotes that could go with roughly any question and write them on revision cards. I then look for quotes to go with specific characters or themes and then practise drafting and doing past exam questions.
I tried the powerpoint idea at GCSE and got an A* in that paper, my year 10 human paper brought it down to an A) and ran out of time to do it for AS so am starting them now for A2. I didn't really revise last year for English as I found it a lost hope and just couldn't do it, however, something has clicked this year and I am waiting to see if the revision I did for my mock paid off :smile:.

For English I am with AQA :smile: My teacher is making us do the wider reading chronologically instead of in themes so idek. But thank you! I'm going to try that idea out :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest