basilwomack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,
I've been accepted into two UK postgraduate programmes as an international student and need help choosing between them. The tuition is high and I won't be able to visit the campuses before making my decision.

The two programmes are:
MMus in Creative Practice (Goldsmiths)
MMus in Creative Sound and Media Technology (Bath Spa University)

(I applied in mid-January to Oxford Brookes too, but never heard anything from them).

If anyone has thoughts about either of these programmes, I'd love to hear your opinions. At this point, I need more direct input from people who know the programmes to help me decide. Both programs fit my needs, though I think Goldsmiths might be a slightly better fit. Bath Spa is slightly cheaper.

Please help!
B.W.
Mad wife
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did my teacher training at Bath Spa and loved it. It is a very small uni but friendly and Bath is great. I know nothing about Goldsmiths
ohwowpistol
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am currently at Bath Spa and just went to an open day at Goldsmiths, there are quite a lot of similariies between the two - intimate small universities, small numbers, creative orientated subjects but I really do think there are some huge downsides to Bath Spa.

However I think Bath Spa can be very isolated because its not even in the city of Bath and the departments are all very small so if you are looking to collaborate with other disciplines etc it can be difficult, I have no idea how old you are but there is not really a postgrad community at BSU because all the MA/Phds are on a tiny campus half an hour apart from courses that need the main campus technical facilities.

So when I went to the open day I found Goldsmiths (seemed, can't really judge here, but the open day emphasised this) to have a lot more of a community feel, you live and work close to the campus, lots going on there - very good atmosphere. But I could just be a little bit bitter about BSU, the course is good, but its very isolated the the rest of the academic world!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (204)
62.2%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
3.66%
No- I want it (89)
27.13%
No- I don't want it (23)