The Student Room Group

Any Sophisticated/emotive language that can be used when writing about a journey?

Sophisticated language/words that can be used to describe Mountains and the countryside etc.
Original post by Miss.Unknow
Sophisticated language/words that can be used to describe Mountains and the countryside etc.

Heya, I'm going to put this in the English forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=82
Sublime - when applied to landscape, it means like a dangerous beauty. So, the mountains in the North of Scotland, the moors in Yorkshire etc, have a sort of sublime quality to them.

Depends entirely on what you're writing about to be honest. Your question is a bit vague.
Original post by LannaBanana
Sublime - when applied to landscape, it means like a dangerous beauty. So, the mountains in the North of Scotland, the moors in Yorkshire etc, have a sort of sublime quality to them.

Depends entirely on what you're writing about to be honest. Your question is a bit vague.

Thanks anyways! i already written my essay, got an A* whooohooo
Original post by Miss.Unknow
Thanks anyways! i already written my essay, got an A* whooohooo

Ahh congrats! :biggrin: Didn't see you actually wrote that post 6 days ago haha
Original post by LannaBanana
Ahh congrats! :biggrin: Didn't see you actually wrote that post 6 days ago haha

Awhh, thats alright! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending