Izzy_Rook
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I have offers from Arts University Bournemouth (AUB), Central School of Speech and Drama (CSSD) and Rose Bruford to do the BA in Costume. I was wondering if anyone knew which of the unis was better and whether anyone else had decided where they were going to put down as their first choice. I want to go to both CSSD and AUB!! I cannot decide
sonja_michelle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Izzy_Rook)
Hi, I have offers from Arts University Bournemouth (AUB), Central School of Speech and Drama (CSSD) and Rose Bruford to do the BA in Costume. I was wondering if anyone knew which of the unis was better and whether anyone else had decided where they were going to put down as their first choice. I want to go to both CSSD and AUB!! I cannot decide
AUB by far. I've never even heard of the other two colleges and i've done a tone of research lol. If you like both CSSD and AUB I would choose AUB purely because its a better school (as far as i know).
oliviawelsh4
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bournemouth is supposed to be amazing! I wish I'd applied there last year and now I'm stuck at a rubbish uni haha!
Joe183
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm also going for Costume!!! I'm from California. I've known a lot of people who went to AUB, and they either loved it or hated it. IMHO, I want a small classroom experience, which AUB doesn't offer. They're more about churning out as many students as possible. I also got accept to CSSD!!! Actually they offered me to start year 2! I'm conflicted between Central and Royal Welsh myself, they're both insanely amazing schools and have a lot to offer. I'd be scared to start year 2 though, as I want to get the most out of my education and make sure I don't miss anything, but at the same time it would save me a lot of money!
itsmejessio
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm going to AUB for Costume and Performance design, I looked at almost every university/drama school in the UK and applied at AUB (obviously), Huddersfield, Rose Bruford and UAL (Wimbledon). Personally I felt that Bournemouth; despite the large amounts of students that @Joe183 mentioned, felt a lot more personal as if they actually care about their students. Also, I was told that they're looking at reducing the number of students the course takes this year xo
Jodiesprules1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey I'm also applying for costume design!! I had offers from Bournemouth, Huddersfield and blackpool. (London reject) but considered me for another course... worth a try though. And by looking at all of them I decided to put bournemouth as my firm choice! The facilities and university are are amazing and they have a better reputation. Plus it's a beautiful place!!

Hopefully see you on the course maybe!
EchoCat39
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello Costume people!!

I got interviews for CSSD, Rose Bruford and Nottingham Trent, none of them had that friendly feel like Bruford did. It's so small and friendly and they have amazing amounts of graduates getting work after they leave. The college has a great rep in the industry apparently. I'd recommend even giving it a look at an open day.
helenm151
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have also applied for costume/theatre design and am struggling to decide! I've got offers from RADA, rose Bruford, royal Welsh and Mountview and I'm just waiting on bristol old Vic now. Any suggestions? I really liked the feel of rose Bruford and RADA but RADA is only a foundation and Bruford doesn't maybe have quite as good a reputation.. Royal Welsh seems like a great school but not too sure about Cardiff

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads