Aston v Nottingham v Reading

Watch this thread
Klovu
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Management/Nottingham (ABB) v Reading/Economics (ABB) v Aston/Eco and Management (ABB), I have no idea what to pick can anyone help?
Ariana Grande
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Aston or look at the university league boards
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi there,

we are currently ranked 22nd in the Guardian's league tables joint with Nottingham and 8 places above Reading. You can also find a breakdown comparing our course with the one from Nottingham here, just click compare on both courses. As you can see we slightly out perform them in several key areas.

However we know that statistics aren't the only things involved with making your decision. Please come to an open day. Additionally if you have any questions about the university, student life or Birmingham in general just give me a shout.

Josh
Klovu
Rep:
(Original post by Aston University)
Hi there,

we are currently ranked 22nd in the Guardian's league tables joint with Nottingham and 8 places above Reading. You can also find a breakdown comparing our course with the one from Nottingham here, just click compare on both courses. As you can see we slightly out perform them in several key areas.

However we know that statistics aren't the only things involved with making your decision. Please come to an open day. Additionally if you have any questions about the university, student life or Birmingham in general just give me a shout.

Josh
Hi Josh, yes I went to the open day yesterday! was great, few questions i would like to ask? did you firm Aston, did you meet your entry requirements and if not how flexible were they? what is your opinion on Aston's multi-cultural society? do Aston have a big reputation, for Eco and management? Lots of questions sorry!
Aston University
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Al_10)
Hi Josh, yes I went to the open day yesterday! was great, few questions i would like to ask? did you firm Aston, did you meet your entry requirements and if not how flexible were they? what is your opinion on Aston's multi-cultural society? do Aston have a big reputation, for Eco and management? Lots of questions sorry!
Hi there,

Don't worry about it i'm here to help:

My Personal Experience Relating To Entry: When i applied as an undergraduate four years ago i was applying to a Psychology and Sociology course with entry requirements at ABB, in the end i achieved a BBB at a level and was granted a place. However it depends on the popularity of the course. Some of our more popular courses such as Optometry and Pharmacy fill really fast with many applicants above the required standard, but some of our less popular courses can drop up their entry requirements by up to 60 UCAS points during clearing. It's a bit of a luck of the draw, but i'm sure you'll do just fine.

Multi-Culturalism: Aston is a very lively and multicultural university, which i think is fantastic, i made friends of many different races and religions whilst i was here. Diversity is strongly supported through student societies; there's one for most things whether you're a devout Sikh or a massive Harry Potter fanatic the SU should have you covered.

Economics And Management: We have one of only a few business schools in the world which is triple accredited, our economics courses are ranked in the top 15 for teaching standards in the UK and we have been top 10 in graduate employment for the last 10 years. Aston students are well known and well appreciated.

Anything else just give me a shout.

Josh
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Al_10)
Management/Nottingham (ABB) v Reading/Economics (ABB) v Aston/Eco and Management (ABB), I have no idea what to pick can anyone help?
Pick Nottingham first, it is neck and neck with Aston academically but housing, SU and campus is much better at Nottingham.

Aston Student<<
Klovu
Rep:
(Original post by paul514)
Pick Nottingham first, it is neck and neck with Aston academically but housing, SU and campus is much better at Nottingham.

Aston Student<<
But I'm not sure if a Management degree might limit me on my career prospects, although Notts is very reputable. Are you a 1st year Aston student?
Klovu
Rep:
(Original post by Aston University)
Hi there,

Don't worry about it i'm here to help:

My Personal Experience Relating To Entry: When i applied as an undergraduate four years ago i was applying to a Psychology and Sociology course with entry requirements at ABB, in the end i achieved a BBB at a level and was granted a place. However it depends on the popularity of the course. Some of our more popular courses such as Optometry and Pharmacy fill really fast with many applicants above the required standard, but some of our less popular courses can drop up their entry requirements by up to 60 UCAS points during clearing. It's a bit of a luck of the draw, but i'm sure you'll do just fine.

Multi-Culturalism: Aston is a very lively and multicultural university, which i think is fantastic, i made friends of many different races and religions whilst i was here. Diversity is strongly supported through student societies; there's one for most things whether you're a devout Sikh or a massive Harry Potter fanatic the SU should have you covered.

Economics And Management: We have one of only a few business schools in the world which is triple accredited, our economics courses are ranked in the top 15 for teaching standards in the UK and we have been top 10 in graduate employment for the last 10 years. Aston students are well known and well appreciated.

Anything else just give me a shout.

Josh
I'm guessing Eco and Management will be considered a popular course?
username1567813
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Are you looking in the right place at Reading? Henley Business School offers a range of courses in Management, Finance, Accounting and Real Estate. Triple accredited, placements and dedicated careers team...with standard offer of AAB. Come and join a superbrand!
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Al_10)
But I'm not sure if a Management degree might limit me on my career prospects, although Notts is very reputable. Are you a 1st year Aston student?
I was just commenting on the universities, only you can choose the course. Most people don't even use their degree after they graduate.
Aston University
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Al_10)
I'm guessing Eco and Management will be considered a popular course?
Anything that falls under the business school does tend to be rather popular. However we do have other courses which are in higher demand.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (137)
66.83%
No (46)
22.44%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
10.73%

Watched Threads