carlybinfield
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi!
Ive just applied to do an EPQ and I was going to base it on same sex marriages. I was going to do the project of an artefact and a 1000 word essay instead of a 5000 word essay. For my artefact, I was going to do a large timeline of when same sex marriages became legal and all important dates like that. I was wondering if that would be accepted as an artefact?
all help would be appreciated! Thankyou!
Arkasia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
If you do a timeline, it would probably be best to write it in the format of a research project. Artifacts are usually models or creative pieces, a timeline might be a little too basic to gain high marks.
carlybinfield
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Arkasia)
If you do a timeline, it would probably be best to write it in the format of a research project. Artifacts are usually models or creative pieces, a timeline might be a little too basic to gain high marks.
What if it was quite a large timeline with obviously images and things like that? Do you have any other ideas which relate to it? Thank you!
Arkasia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by carlybinfield)
What if it was quite a large timeline with obviously images and things like that? Do you have any other ideas which relate to it? Thank you!
The problem with doing that as a piece is that it doesn't really take much effort. I could produce a succinct and accurate timeline for most things by just reading the wikipedia page. For my EPQ (I dropped it before submitting, but I have recently finished it in my own time), I looked into the history of video games.

Perhaps if you refocus, so instead of a simple timeline, you could have a research topic and question along the lines of "How has law influenced social trends in same-sex marriages" or "How have social attitudes to same-sex marriages been reflected in legal documents over the years?". Just something to show that you researched the information and then understood it enough to manipulate it into a specific line of questioning and evaluation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (13)
29.55%
As I expected (12)
27.27%
Harder (17)
38.64%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
4.55%

Watched Threads